oil filter adaptor gaskets

-

65Vart

Reaction score
I need a set, Mopar does not have them , Nigel does not have them, I know Summit has them but they require a minimum order plus shipping etc. Need the three piece set. anyone stick some in an envelope?

Attachments

• gasket set.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 244
I just bought the large one at a Car Quest store Tuesday. I was actually removing a filter adapter and going to the plain ol plate, so I don't know if the smaller ones are available from them, but the big one is for certain.

I have an un-opened Mopar set I bought a couple of months ago.
So what ever Summit charges for them, plus envelope mail shipping they are yours.
I order from Summit at least twice a month so replacing them is no big deal.
I am at 26301

Got my Gasket set, thanks Sireland67. Have to remove the 2 1/2 inch TTI downpipe to get at the adaptor bolt,,,,,$#^%$&%%^&)&_, not happy.:cwm21:

Does anybody know the torque setting (ft/lbs) for the large bolt that holds the adapter to the block? I cannot find it in my manuals.
Thanks

Does anybody know the torque setting (ft/lbs) for the large bolt that holds the adapter to the block? I cannot find it in my manuals.
Thanks

Per the 68 manual, they don't specify for the SB & BB, however for the slant 6 and Hemi "Oil Filter Adapter" bolt with 3/4-16 threads, the spec is 30 ft*lbs. I think that is a safe torque to go with.

Now, does anybody know where to get the center "bolt" for attaching the oil filter plate directly to the block with the internal 3/8 drive? Not the one with the shallow hex on the outside that the socket keeps coming off of when you try to torque it....

Now, does anybody know where to get the center "bolt" for attaching the oil filter plate directly to the block with the internal 3/8 drive? Not the one with the shallow hex on the outside that the socket keeps coming off of when you try to torque it....

I have right angle adapter and bolt, but it sounds like you are looking for something different??

Sorry Wally, cant help you here....

-
Back