Oil filter relocation adapter.

-

Mr Dart

Reaction score
I am just assembling new full length Tti headers (no. 636A) to my -64 Dart with 318 sbm engine. The gap/space between header tube and engine block where oil filter location is is only 35 millimeters. The thinnest oil filter relocation adapter I have been able to find so far it 58 mm thick. (see pic) Because the original 90 degree filter part is impossible to find what relocation adapters you have used?

1712053870031.png

Last edited:
The factory style semi90 degree are always for sale on here. That unit looks very different than any thing I’ve used in the past. Syleng1

I'll take a look tonight and report back...

If thinking about using a factory MoPar 90 degree adapter the 273 ones are a true 90, 340 ones have a slight angle to clear the dipstick tube on the 727…273 used a 904 and the tube wasn’t as close…I would find a 273 adapter. I’ve seen several on Facebook for sale and eBay… I’ll see if I can remember the correct part number for you.

TTI’s on an early a-body are a pain…in the process of removing mine.

Yes, buy a 90 adapter or a low profile remote filter adapter.

IMG_4507.jpeg

Many thanks to all of you for replies. I didn´t expect this issue to be so difficult to solve. US private adapter sellers refuse to ship abroad and here in Europe there are for sale as many as chickens teeth. That Canton adapter looks nice but it is 2" tall (=50mm) and the space I have is 1,4" (=35 mm). The red arrow in the picture. Space between oil filter base the point where the filter seal meets the base and nearest header tube is that 1,4" /35 mm.

header.JPG

Many thanks to all of you for replies. I didn´t expect this issue to be so difficult to solve. US private adapter sellers refuse to ship abroad and here in Europe there are for sale as many as chickens teeth. That Canton adapter looks nice but it is 2" tall (=50mm) and the space I have is 1,4" (=35 mm). The red arrow in the picture. Space between oil filter base the point where the filter seal meets the base and nearest header tube is that 1,4" /35 mm.

View attachment 1716231254
WOW!!! There is no room!! Did this manufacturer even see this issue??

-
Back