Oil filter relocation kit?

-

1bad360duster

Reaction score
Anyone running a good relocation setup they recommend? Also seen where possibly the ports can be drilled and tapped? Anyone done that and could give feedback on exactly how/what needs to be done

Of you want to go directly to the block you need to block off the main oil feed back to the engine.

That’s the big threaded hole in the center of the oil filter area where the plate or right angle adapter bolts on.

Then you have to remove the threaded plug that is under the filter plate or adapter.

The other hole that’s there that isn’t threaded needs to be threaded.

Once you do that, you simply screw in long reach 1/2 pipe by -10 AN fittings and go. Crap…the original holes might be 3/8 pipe. I forget. I’m pretty sure I drill out those two oil galleries to use 1/2 pipe, but I’m not home to run out and look.

Either way they’ll either be 3/8 or 1/2 pipe.

When you hook up your hoses you need to verify which fitting is clean oil back to the engine. About half of these remote filter installations I’ve seen are backwards.

I believe off the top of my head (this is where this whole post gets sketcthy…) I believe the original threaded hole is for return oil. Don’t quote me on that, just verify that dirty oil coming out of the block goes into the outer holes in the filter and the clean oil returning to the engine is going back to the port that feeds the port connected to the big hole in the center.

Thanks for response, I would prefer to drill and tap it like your describing. Remember how far In You drill and tap? A little nervous to mess it up but I should be able to do it . And the way your describing it you still drill out the original threaded hole to larger 1/2 inch as well?

In the middle of this myself. You’ll want two of these:
JOES Racing Products 42030 JOES Racing Products Oil Inlet Fittings | Summit Racing

As noted above, drill and tap the currently untapped hole to 3/8 NPT, the drill and tap are available as a kit many places. This is the oil supply to the filter.
Then plug the big hole (return from filter) with a 3/4x16 like this one:
Dorman 65226 Oil Drain Plug... Amazon product ASIN B000C11GJ6Then pull the 3/8 plug from the top threaded hole for return back to the engine.
Best picture I got on my phone of it:
1674958003740.jpeg

I’m not done or I’d show you the finished product. Hope that helps!

Note that the picture is upside down, so the bottom hole on the right is the top hole as the engine sits in the car. So, that’s the one that’s already tapped from the factory with a plug in it, and is the return.

I’m in the middle of using this adapter, my engine is already built and running, I’m not going to drill it. I like this one because of the -12 O-ring bosses and use -12 hose and fittings.

Brian at IMM already did a bunch of oiling mods to my block, so I think I’ll be okay running this adapter.

I already have that billet Canton Racing oil filter plate with O-ring on the block.

Hamburger's Performance 3320 Hamburger's Performance Oil Filter Bypass Adapters | Summit Racing

I’m in the middle of using this adapter, my engine is already built and running, I’m not going to drill it. I like this one because of the -12 O-ring bosses and use -12 hose and fittings.

Brian at IMM already did a bunch of oiling mods to my block, so I think I’ll be okay running this adapter.

I already have that billet Canton Racing oil filter plate with O-ring on the block.

Hamburger's Performance 3320 Hamburger's Performance Oil Filter Bypass Adapters | Summit Racing
Mmmmm, hamburgers
1674960321324.png

-
Back