Oil Filter Relocation

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Has anyone ever installed or uses a oil filter relocation kit?

Reason I ask is because with the headers and everything else in the way its tough to get to the oil filter. Just thought maybe I would run one of those, but want to know if anyone else runs one and what they think of them.

I was going to use one, but a lot of people say they have problems with them leaking. I am still undecided on using the one I've got??? :violent1:

I have the same pronlem with my headers and picked up this kit (pic) but the car is in the body shop still so it hasn't been mounted to the body yet. It screws on to the existing filter plate using an o ring gasket.

Attachments

• Picture 1347.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 272
  • Picture 1297.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Picture 1299.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 263
  • Picture 1298.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 247
Not messy at all.......lay a rag on inner fender, slide a bag over it, spin off.

Side note: Alter-k, so the holes are not used.......had a member on here mill them up for me.

I would take the o ring gasket and get some spares for future need should they arise in the future. I had to use 90* off the engine but may need to use 45* for the fliter to route the hoses better. I think I am going to mount it to the fire wall to limit any messes.

Had one years ago. Never did get the hoses to stop leaking.....

I had the problem with getting filter in or out around or under headers. I checked out smaller diam filters and found that Wix 51516 would get past header. Just have to change when engine cool.

Got the Transdapt kit on mine. No trouble with it at all. Sure makes changing the oil filter easy. I posted pics of it in the first link Mopardude provided.

Whatever brand you go with make sure and de-bur the passages of the adapter and oil filter mount. Mine had some nasty casting flashing inside it. I'm sure it would have restricted oil flow a lot if I wouldn't have de-burred and ported it.

Maybe, just maybe the hoses some people buy are crap and leakage is inevitable. I've had the Trans-Dapt on my Signet longer than most here wore pants. No problems..
This photo is from 2 years ago when I was finishing off the 360. 2 years running, no leaks, great oil pressure and a full HEI coil in cap and still no problems...

Maybe, just maybe the hoses some people buy are crap and leakage is inevitable. I've had the Trans-Dapt on my Signet longer than most here wore pants. No problems..
This photo is from 2 years ago when I was finishing off the 360. 2 years running, no leaks, great oil pressure and a full HEI coil in cap and still no problems...

Yep....Earls products are crap.....

Yep....Earls products are crap.....

Funny you should say that. I have never bought any Earl's fittings until a couple weeks ago I was 1 fitting short for a trans. cooler install and all they had was earl's at the speed shop I stopped at. Had to crank that sucker down extremely tight (way tighter than normal) to get it seal at all. Still seeps a little.

Had one years ago. Never did get the hoses to stop leaking.....

This is my opinion, too. ^^^^^ Unless you absolutely have to do it, don't. It opens up more places for leaks, IMO.

-
Back