Oil hose?

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
This is kind of a Mopar question because it's about my AMC Eagle 4wd Wagon & some people consider them Mopars...........sorta. :-D

I have an auxiliary oil cooler on my car. It is currently hooked up with a thermostatic "sandwich" style adapter between the filter & the block & is plumbed with high temp oil hose & hose barbs. Is there any reason I can't plumb it with regular pre-terminated hydraulic hoses like they use for farm equipment, etc? It would eliminate the barbed hose fittings that are always filthy & then maybe the connections might not seep. I would probably have to use swivel ends on at least one end of each hose to be able to connect everything. Does anybody see any problems with this idea?

Why not use AN fittings and braided hose?

Mainly because it's just my crappy old AMC 4 wheeler with over 200,000 miles on it. I've already sunk more money in it than I ever should have (after all, it's not my A Body) & it's not a show vehicle or even something to turn many heads. If I had AN fittings & braided hose on it I'd be embarrased to open the hood. Kinda' like trying to polish a turd. :-D

-
Back