oil leak A833

-

vje55

Reaction score
Hey all, I have an 833 which is leaking oil from the reverse lever shaft on the box, I guess this means the box comes out? Any ideas what is involved? What type of seal? etc. thanks.
Brian
Down Under!

Probably o.ring. Chk Brewers Performance website and.replace all shaft seals.. Not sure if trans has to come out or not.

The seal is an O-ring. I'd have to check to see if you could remove the reverse arm without hitting the cluster gear or not. Any idea what gears are in the box? Are you sure it isn't the reverse light switch?

The seal is an O-ring. I'd have to check to see if you could remove the reverse arm without hitting the cluster gear or not. Any idea what gears are in the box? Are you sure it isn't the reverse light switch?
Definitely the reverse linkage shaft, the switch above it is dry.

The trans main box has to be completely disassembled to get the reverse shift shaft out to change the O-ring.

Russ.

Box out, pulled off rear housing and main shaft with gears still intact, tapped out the reverse shaft, then the reverse lever and fitted a 30c 'O' ring, easier than I thought!

-
Back