Oil Leak At Valve Cover

-
OK GUYS,

THE DAMN THING IS LEAKING AGAIN

Is there a plate between the filter and engine block because thats where it looks like the oil is coming from.The new filter is tight and I didn't see any oil after the initail start up but it has aconstant drip almost spray from the filter mounting area This is getting really old guys . Please help !!!!!

Bob

You didn't read post #14 did you?

This will take care of it.

Mullinax,

Actually I did but I thought you were talking about a 90 degree adapter plate,but now that I go back and read it again it makes sense. So off comes the filter again and we will see.

Thanks , Bob

There is a gasket behind the oil filter plate... did you replace it or install one? I found out the hard way... don't ask! I bought a new plate, gasket, and oil filter tube thingy (what the oil filter screws to) at the dealership. It wasn't that high either.
this.

Mullinax,

Actually I did but I thought you were talking about a 90 degree adapter plate,but now that I go back and read it again it makes sense. So off comes the filter again and we will see.

Thanks , Bob

I guess I could have described everything better. I don't know the correct name for each part I except "gasket". lol

When I was at the dealership trying to tell them what I needed they knew what I was talking about but couldn't name it themselves.

Mullinax you Da man !!! oil leak gone. I pulled off the filter and inspected the oil filter mounting plate, mine was the type with the 3/8 hole in it. I put an extension in and gave it at least 4 good turns Wow I cant beleive some thing so simple took me so long to fix. I guess you never get too old to learn something new.

Thanks again---- Bob

Mullinax you Da man !!! oil leak gone. I pulled off the filter and inspected the oil filter mounting plate, mine was the type with the 3/8 hole in it. I put an extension in and gave it at least 4 good turns Wow I cant beleive some thing so simple took me so long to fix. I guess you never get too old to learn something new.

Thanks again---- Bob

That's good!

Glad I could help out.

Yes, their is a gasket and plate between filter and block. Sorry did not look at last post time. I am new to this site and a little nervous.

-
Back