oil leak on my 340

-

andy l

Reaction score
I have a 340 in my 65 dart convert and I think I have figured out where my oil leak is coming from I think it is from the oil filter housing between the housing and the block is this a common issue?

Is this the 90* adapter that has the filter pointing towards the back of the car?
these don't normally leak, but bad gaskets can have anything leaking.

Or is it the plate type the has the filter pointing towards the pass side ?
I've seen these leak a lot.

Is this the 90* adapter that has the filter pointing towards the back of the car?
these don't normally leak, but bad gaskets can have anything leaking.

Or is it the plate type the has the filter pointing towards the pass side ?
I've seen these leak a lot.

i second that, mine is the latter plate to block style and it leaks like a sieve...have had to reseal it atleast 3 times already this year

A leak at the oil filter adapter is probably the most common leak on a SB Mopar. I had problems getting my rt. angle adapter to not leak. Finally after torqueing it down 4 times it stopped.

mine is the 1 that has the filter pointing to the back of the car and they are a M.Fer to change what a good idea that was NOT!!!!

mine is the 1 that has the filter pointing to the back of the car and they are a M.Fer to change what a good idea that was NOT!!!!

well andy, it has to mounted pointing the right direction 1st off..

I have no issue changing mine other than without a rag in place oil gets all over pass side header collector.

buy a new MOPAR gasket kit, it has the 'rubber' version and is reusable.

Are you sure it is not the Oil Pressure sending unit? many times this is overlooked and they do fail often enough.

it could be that I just have not had time to look but will check that thanks 4 the info

-
Back