Oil Pan for a 65 BB car?

-

boosted

Life Needs Air
Reaction score
I want to get the Milodon oil pan for my 65 bb build but do not know which one I need.. The motor was a motor home motor with a front sump so i know that one would not work...

Any suggestions?

I plan on using the BB milodon pan with the side kickouts on my 66 BB build. I've mocked it up with a motor plate w/ 1 1/4" offset and all I had to do was trim the K member a tiny bit at the front pass side of the pan. I'll take some pictures this weekend if you want.

No, I meant the motor is offset to the pass side 1 1/4". I'm not sure where it ended up compared to stock location up and down. I just raised the motor to where it cleared the center link easily. I still had to cut out some of the trans tunnel.

For reference, with the car level on jack stands, the motor and trans point down about 2*.

Not sure if any of the helps. Let me know if you need pictures. For now- this is all of I've got of mock-up w/ the motor and trans. This was before I cut the floor out to raise the motor.

PA250015.jpg

Also, if it weren't for the kick outs on the pan, it would not have hit my K member. But it was so minimal, that really shouldn't be a make or break for what pan you use. You're putting a BB in an early A for god's sake, you should expect to have to cut some things to make it fit.

Without kickouts, you should be good to go. But you may have to do something about the centerlink/idler arm.

Here are a few shots of my 66 and the pan. I finished mounting the motor/trans yesterday.

You can see the notch I had to put in the K-member. Not much at all. Eventually I will box it in with some 1/8" thick angle iron. I just had a brain fart and forgot to do it this weekend.

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

i have a set of shumacher mounts for sale let me know. they were used to mock up the motor but im goin with an alter k so dont need them.

-
Back