oil pan front gasket.

-

swifty

Reaction score
I am installing a fel-pro 1807 gasket set in a 71 360. I know the front gasket has a big and little tit on it for orientation but my cheap oil pan has two little hole the same size, never buy a cheap summit pan. Which way is the gasket supposed to install? I assumed the curved edge goes to the front, big tit on passenger side but i am not sure. Hoping someone has an oil pan they can look at or know from experience. Thanks.

The bigger tit goes on the passenger front.... (and we call that one, our favorite. - LOL!)

Thanks! I got the pan on hopefully no leaks. I'm glad you enjoyed my description.

chill guys, the weekend is over! It's back to the 9 to 5. Yes the bit tit is on the pass side but I checked my seal (not sure what brand) & it looked darn near symmetrical (other than the tits) except for a slight lip on one side (front iirc) that I dont think would have a major effect on the sealing but yes for uniformity if you are enlarging one of the small pan holes on each side for the large tit then yes I would drill the pass one

I had to drill out both holes they were only pilot holes. Made the passenger side bigger and put together. Everything went together fine.

I had to drill out both holes they were only pilot holes. Made the passenger side bigger and put together. Everything went together fine.

Drill baby, drill..... :D

Glad you got it together ok. :cheers:

I prefer two big tits, but sometimes you just gotta work with what you got.

-
Back