Oil Pan gasket sealant

-

MassDart

Lifelong Dart fan
Reaction score
What do you guys like for oil pan gasket sealant. Permatex black? The Right Stuff? etc, etc.

Yes either one is good. Is this a SB mopar? Just use sealer where the cork meets the ends seals, don’t goop up the whole thing. Clean it well with brake cleaner and cleans rags or paper towels.

After you have had enough leaks:

Black Gasket Maker, light coat on both sides of the cork gasket, light coat on block and pan lips. Seal the end gaps, and assemble.

Seal that baby up, let sit to cure overnight Before adding oil.

If you want to take it apart, soak the gasket areas with Brake Parts Cleaner. That will help release the Black Gasket Maker.

Screenshot_20221024-142528_Firefox.jpg

I've used the Ultra Black and the Right Stuff. Both work good. One thing is for sure though. Right stuff seals up really good and can be a bear to break loose if you need to come back apart later on. I like both.

No silicon ever on gaskets like that. It’s makes them slicker than dog snot and they will push out.

Use Edelbrock Gasgacinch and a small amount of silicon at the corners of the pan.

The only place I use sealer is in the four corners where the cork meets the rubber. Just like the instructions say.

Used on Triumph cases
Garden tractor engines
Yada yada yada !!!
Never an oil related leak
Say what u want Toyota has top reputation.

20221027_215524.jpg

20221027_215508_HDR.jpg

-
Back