Oil pan leaking..then stopped??

-

Originalowner73 340duster

Reaction score
Car was sitting for 20 yes...did the usual to get running ..and after few runs intake started leaking..fixed everything up top .then oil pan started leaking 50 to 100 miles ago not bad just little in back passenger corner...last few runs probably under 50 miles ...no leak?? Could the gasket possibly have swelled back up and sealed??.. and yes it's full of oil..lol

Possible...

It's normal for old and higher mileage engines to leak a little from the rear main seal...

Looked up their when it was on lift and just looked like the pan..oil wasn't splashed all over..

Oil pan leaks can be a little tricky to diagnose, sometimes it's the rear main, sometimes it's the oil pan... You need to be careful on tracing where it came from....

Oil pan leaks can be a little tricky to diagnose, sometimes it's the rear main, sometimes it's the oil pan... You need to be careful on tracing where it came from....
I thought I did good...Cleaned all oil off again since it doesn't seem to be leaking and going to run and see ..was dripping on passenger header under car..so will see if and where it coming from if it starts up again...and motor is low miles mid 20's on it..but did sit for awhile..good thing it was it climate controlled garage in florida

I thought I did good...Cleaned all oil off again since it doesn't seem to be leaking and going to run and see ..was dripping on passenger header under car..so will see if and where it coming from if it starts up again...and motor is low miles mid 20's on it..but did sit for awhile..good thing it was it climate controlled garage in florida

Also check the oil sending unit and rear of the intake on the top of the engine... Sometimes those can leak and run down and appear to be from the bottom rear of the engine...

I see that you replaced the intake gasket, did you make sure the oil sending unit/oil pressure line was not leaking in the rear of the engine near the distributor???

Last edited:
-
Back