oil pan removal on 225 in Dart

-

fiberguy

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice for removing the oil pan from my Dart. I have it off, but can't get it out.

Yep, I did mine a couple of weeks ago. Drop the center link, remove all of the bolts, and rotate the crank until it comes out without hitting anything. I didn't have to jack the engine one bit. Just make sure it comes out easy, because you wont want to be scraping past stuff with a fresh gasket on it.
You'll need a flashlight :)

do you guys have the 111" wheelbase models? in the manual it said to turn the crank on the 118" wheelbase models and it would come out, but on the smaller wheelbase, you had to lift the motor.

do you guys have the 111" wheelbase models? in the manual it said to turn the crank on the 118" wheelbase models and it would come out, but on the smaller wheelbase, you had to lift the motor.

i have a 68 dart and i had to lift the motor way up cuz the pan was hitting the bottom of the bell housing

how did you lift it? Did you have to use a winch or were you able to jack it up? Is it OK to lift the engine with a block of wood under the front pulley?

By the way my dart is a 64, so it's the shortest wheelbase

how did you lift it? Did you have to use a winch or were you able to jack it up? Is it OK to lift the engine with a block of wood under the front pulley?

not recomended but if u got to u got to...

if u have a cherry picker use that

63 manual says to lift the engine with a tool simular to what you use on a front wheel drive car today and remove the center link then drop the pan. I would just pull the engine and do it on an engine stand A lot less likely to leak

-
Back