oil pan

-

RWN Mopar

Reaction score
hello everyone.
I am looking to buy a chrome oil pan for my 1986 360. is there a difference on the oil pans for 1971 to 1980? cuz I cannot find one for a 1986 360. without paying big money. the motor came out of a Van. I have a new oil pick up for a car but the truck pan will not work for the 75 sport it is going into. I have seen lots of oil pans for the 71 to 1980's

Any car pan works but there are 2 different sump pans and you need to match the pick up to the pan.

As far as I know there's just the center sump car pan and the rear sump truck pan. Along with their respective pick up tubes. I've ran a couple cheap chrome oil pans, scratched up the rails and used a light bead of rtv. Never had a leak, but they didn't stay chrome very long driving on the street either.

There is an early and a late pan and they use different pick ups. I found out the hard way.

360 car pan (876) and turns out it has a different offset stock center sump pick up than the 392 pan. The 876 sump is only 2" from the front of the pan and the 392 is 4" back.The 876 pan requires the 72-S4 pick up which was special order. The standard pick up is the 72-S2 for the pans with the sump 4" from the front. The 876 is only 2" from the front.

Good info to be sharing if it save someone from learning that the hard way. Thanks

I swapped the pans and pick ups 4 times until I got it right lol

360 car pan (876) and turns out it has a different offset stock center sump pick up than the 392 pan. The 876 sump is only 2" from the front of the pan and the 392 is 4" back.The 876 pan requires the 72-S4 pick up which was special order. The standard pick up is the 72-S2 for the pans with the sump 4" from the front. The 876 is only 2" from the front.

That info should be in a sticky somewhere!

This information is priceless. Thank you. I'm doing a 408 oil pan shortly for a 72 Dart. You Rock!

measure the distance from the front to where the sump drops down. I think only the 876 is 2" and the rest are 4" back

They sell em on ebay for $50 in all flavors and I think they are all the 4"

So they are 392 pans that would use a 72-S2 pick up? Dude I owe you a big one for the info thanks.

yeah. I tried to use that pick up on my 876 pan and it was wrong. Who or where are you getting your pan from?

Mancini's has them. And they are 5 miles away from me. But I'm open to suggestions. Only wanna do this once.

-
Back