Oil pick up

-

Holy Roller

Reaction score
Has anyone tapped out the 3/8 inlet for the oil pick up tube to 1/2 on a 383 when using Milodon pan, pick up tube, windage tray and hi volume oil pump?
Thank you

Both ways. I did mine many years ago. U have to be pretty careful. Then on the oil pump side it’s nice to smooth out the corners, but it is a little difficult. Drilling the main bores bigger helps a lot. Have to have a good bit for that. If u brake the bit off the block is basically junk. Do any drilling and bringing on the block b4 u get any machine work done. I just let the machine shop do it now. Kim

Both ways. I did mine many years ago. U have to be pretty careful. Then on the oil pump side it’s nice to smooth out the corners, but it is a little difficult. Drilling the main bores bigger helps a lot. Have to have a good bit for that. If u brake the bit off the block is basically junk. Do any drilling and bringing on the block b4 u get any machine work done. I just let the machine shop do it now. Kim
I think that's a good idea in my case, the machine shop probably has better tools to do the work with anyway. I think I want to have the work done to stroke it too, just in case I choose to go in that direction. Which windage tray did you use? I'm using a milodon pan and the 1/2 in inlet pickup. But kinda confused about which tray to use.
Than you, Joe

-
Back