Oil pickup differences?

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Are the oil pickups between 318s and 360s the same or not? I replacing a 318 with a 5.9 magnum and I know I need a center sump 360 oil pan and center sump pickup but didn't know if my pickup from the 318 will work or if the 360 pickups are different?

Same pick-up if you have the center sump pan...

You can get new ones at NAPA for under $20....

The truck oil pans have the hump in a different location, and take a different pick up tube than the center sump car pans....

Frick. I just bought another one. Oh well, won't have to steal the one off my 318 at least.

Frick. I just bought another one. Oh well, won't have to steal the one off my 318 at least.

I like to use new pick-up tubes if possible. I've had some old pick-up tubes with lots of crud in them that wouldn't all come out. Better safe with a new one that is nice and clean for the $20....

There are two different center sump 360 oil pans. If your pan has the number 392 stamped in the bottom of the sump you're ok. If it's stamped 876, you need a specific pick up, a Melling 72S4.

I like to use new pick-up tubes if possible. I've had some old pick-up tubes with lots of crud in them that wouldn't all come out. Better safe with a new one that is nice and clean for the $20....

Had I known napa had em so cheap I would've bought a new one. I bought a used one from a member this morning. All the ones I'd found online were $35-40

Excited to see this 5.9 Magnum running you'll like it a lot... check out the link in your build thread I posted

FYI- I found a sealed power pick-up tube for a SB car pan and the part # is:

224-15055

-
Back