Oil pressure not registering on Dakota digital gauge.

-

Buford19

Reaction score
Just started my 6.4 crate mopar crate engine. On the Dakota digital gauge oil pressure is not registering. The gauge cluster is hooked up to obd2 reader, and bus was selected for input. The engine has been primed before I started it, had valve cover off ,and oil was up in the head. The tach on the gauge is working. Will the engine keep running if there is no oil pressure? Have heard that if there is no oil pressure the computer will shut the car off after 5 seconds. Not sure if this is true. The engine is not ticking or has other strange noises. Is there any other way I can check the oil pressure? Thinking maybe plugging the computer into a obd2 reader ,to see if there is oil pressure. Any input would be appreciated.

not very familiar with 3rd Gen hemis. yes, there is an auto shutdown program in all factory late model efi stuff. where does the Dakota oil pressure gauge read from? Is it mechanical or electric? isn't there a tapped pipe fitting hole for a sender or oil line? if so, why can't you plumb in a tee, and run a mechanical gauge directly there?

not very familiar with 3rd Gen hemis. yes, there is an auto shutdown program in all factory late model efi stuff. where does the Dakota oil pressure gauge read from? Is it mechanical or electric? isn't there a tapped pipe fitting hole for a sender or oil line? if so, why can't you plumb in a tee, and run a mechanical gauge directly there?
This is a electrical gauge , and it takes its reading from the computer obd2 port. Was thinking about trying a mechanical gauge at sending unit hole. Just there not much room where it’s located.

Did you check the sensor? Dodge sensors fail constantly. I have a 2007 SRT and dropped oil pressure with my daughter driving. Instead of pulling over, she drove home and told me (I panicked). But car was not making any noises and made it 30 miles. Sensor failed, and no did not cut engine off - at all.

Did you check the sensor? Dodge sensors fail constantly. I have a 2007 SRT and dropped oil pressure with my daughter driving. Instead of pulling over, she drove home and told me (I panicked). But car was not making any noises and made it 30 miles. Sensor failed, and no did not cut engine off - at all.
How can I check the sensor? The sensor is brand new, and I do have oil pressure for sure. Check the oil pressure with a manual gauge.

-
Back