Oil pressure question

-

DART66GT

62 Lancer GT - B Body 8 3/4
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Im getting ready to start a slant I bought about a year ago It was running driving. I never tried checking oil prime by cranking with starter and looking for oil at rockers before so I tried. I cranked it over with no plugs but did not see oil at the rockers. I cranked for about 20 seconds or so. I dont have a gauge to show pressure yet. I have adjusted rockers before so I know what good flow looks like. How much should you see with starter? Was hoping to start up this weekend. Any ideas?

Honestly it takes a while to get oil up there, just pour some oil on the rockers and start it up, also check if you have enough oil, you should be safe.

It dribbles oil at the rockers. You may not see it for a while. I would dump oil all over um and let er rip.

Thanks, pouring oil on the rockers and starting was my plan. I'll find out today!

No start, I put a little oil in each cylinder maybe to much plugs covered in oil, had spark at the tester. Not much time today try again tomorrow.

Pour in a couple of tablespoons of chainsaw gasoline mix down the carb. It should 'pop'. Add more if needed.

-
Back