Oil Pressure sending unit hose?

-

DartSport340

Reaction score
Ok guys last week my CRAP NYLON/Plastic MECHANICAL oil pressure hose snapped off at the engine and spewed most of my engine oil all over the inside of the engine(that was a fun clean up and still not done) so I debated going electric so no fluids to spew...but decided to go with a braided steel hose instead. Do I need to use teflon tape or anything else on the threads of this? Install seems straight forward other than that question i guess. I had bought the hose already but found out it was too short(36") yesterday when i tried to install it so I had to order longer(did not want to punch a hole in the firewall just for that short hose to work). So supposedly that new hose arrives today at noon.

no thread sealant except into the block. that is the only npt fitting. the other ends are -3 and are self sealing.

you can get coper wire the same size as the plastic one, and use the same unit as the crappy plastit line .

Thats what I did.

Phil

i already got the braided so thats not a issue. Just wanted to check on the sealing of it

install went decent after i got the tape. No leaks..but the oil is still burning off the pipes lol will it ever end :)

install went decent after i got the tape. No leaks..but the oil is still burning off the pipes lol will it ever end :)

Hey, you got off easy LOL. Years ago I had my nylon oil press. gauge line break on the inside of the car (at the gauge). Talk about a mess.....

Hey, you got off easy LOL. Years ago I had my nylon oil press. gauge line break on the inside of the car (at the gauge). Talk about a mess.....

yeah, I was thinking about that :), bad part was I did not really realize how MUCH oil I was losing..luckily i was in view of the house when it let go. But to be honest its the only "bad" thing so far ive had happen so I will consider myself lucky.

-
Back