Oil pressure sensors? easy question

-

Kent mosby

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
IMG-2592.jpg
I have 2 electronic oil pressure sensors. Currently they are connected to a tee which goes into the driver's side sensor hole. I have a leak somewhere in that connection. My question is...Is there a difference between the driver side and passenger side sensor locations. Can I use each one individually? Thus, I would remove the tee fitting.

My question is, why do you need 2.

One is for the Super Sniper EFI. One is for the digital dash. Different signals required for each. I had an analog one before the dash one but I ditched that one. The dash on goes where the idiot light was. Very easy to monitor.

I removed and replaced them with teflon tape just a few minutes ago and took her for a spin. After cooling down I will inspect. One of the sensors was barely over hand tight. Probably the source of the leak. I just kept the system as is because the tee moves them to a more accessible position.

After the jaunt around town I no longer have the leak. What had me going was that I thought it was a rear main seal from where the drip was coming but it was a 2 inch puddle each drive. I must have moved the sensor that was loose just slightly when I was adjusting the valves. I had checked for leaks at the valve cover as well. It is so nice not to have any leaks except for a periodic drip of one drop from the 8 3/4 diff. maybe every other week. Happy camper today.

After the jaunt around town I no longer have the leak. What had me going was that I thought it was a rear main seal from where the drip was coming but it was a 2 inch puddle each drive. I must have moved the sensor that was loose just slightly when I was adjusting the valves. I had checked for leaks at the valve cover as well. It is so nice not to have any leaks except for a periodic drip of one drop from the 8 3/4 diff. maybe every other week. Happy camper today.

That low doller sensor was a pain for me to tighten with a crows foot.

That low doller sensor was a pain for me to tighten with a crows foot.
I was in the hardware store yesterday and saw a set shower socket valve wrenches that would work. I did not get them but I might. I am adding 3 inch extension pipes later this week
upload_2022-7-2_6-0-53.jpeg

-
Back