oil pump bolts

-

Thenwhat85

built not bought
Reaction score
Okay guys. I'm building a 440 drag motor. Wanting to run a dual line setup. And im gathering oil pump parts. I bought a indy Maxx pump cover at a swap meet, messed up and bought a bronze gear drive that is used for the m63hv, so I bought th m63hv along with a dual swinging pick up and ARP pump bolts. Now I guess I didn't research enough cause I now need the spacer plate (between block and pump p/n-21350) so I'll buy that as well. My question is the bolts I bought are way to short. Is there an ARP p/n for this setup, basically it's the milodon 21150 kit. Or should I just stick with a single line. It's a mild build stock stroke trw bricks and stock rods with upgraded bolts, forged crank. So I won't be reving it to the moon. Thank you

A single line pick up will be fine. I ran the Milodon external pickup on my 500" stroker and turned it over 7,000rpm consistently. Bearings look perfect after 4 years. I ran the Milodon 21815 oil pump.

Thanks.Yeah the machine shop (compu-flo)said I would be fine with internal and m63hv. But I bought a used pan plumbed for external. Now all I need to know is there a arp bolt kit for my set up.

ARP strength bolts are definitely needed for rod bolts. Worth every penny.
Not so much on your milodon parts. Much overkill in price and strength for bolting a
aluminum oil pump to the side of a cast iron block.
Waste of money same as arp zillion psi carb studs. You can only tighten bolts so tight
before the parts your bolting on start getting damaged. Use your torque spec.
Good quality bolts from fastenal will be fine. Get grade 8 if it makes you feel better but
grade 5, 3/8 bolts will work fine. Same as mounting your water pump. Chrysler used more than
adequate sized bolts.
If you like overkill drill and wire them all together like on an airplane.
Better insurance against failure than arp bolts on soft aluminum parts.
I've never heard of oil pump bolts breaking and pump falling off on our big mopars?

If you want the correct bolts just give Milodon a call, the will sell you the bolt kit you need.

Thanks guys I don't need arp just wanted the 12pt head. I figured I could measure and source them myself I just figure with how common this setup is there would be a kit for it. Thanks again

External pickup is nice. But i will ask,how is your motor mounted? What body? What exhaust? That set up works best with a plate and under chassis headers can have the hot exhaust pipes on top of your oil lines. Spool type motor mount will require major rework to clear a rear exit oil line. The adaptor plate between pump and block for a front exit line can cause clearance problems with early style mounts. And dont forget to loop the pickup lines up then down to keep the pump primed.

It a tube chassis car. Front motor plate and mid plate. Headers will be custom by me. Straight out to the fender. Clearance won't be an issue. What do you mean loop the pickup lines. Keep part of them above the pump?

-
Back