Oil Pump shaft broke

-
Crack cocaine was also prevalent in the 80's.
If we really have people here saying to use stock un pinned un hardened drives with HV pumps... then cool stories are now fact.
Yeah, cute smart assed answer for real actual facts... KMA

@1WildRT
Okay, close your eyes good lookin..
If only your sense of humor was as good as your luck. Dude's intermediate shaft broke and asked why.. and after you read all that and the responses, you respond with the story from 40 years ago ..for him to basically do the same thing over again. Brilliant advice.

@1WildRT
Okay, close your eyes good lookin..
If only your sense of humor was as good as your luck. Dude's intermediate shaft broke and asked why.. and after you read all that and the responses, you respond with the story from 40 years ago ..for him to basically do the same thing over again. Brilliant advice
Well, IMO everyone suggesting a HD shaft like it's a magic bullet isn't a sure fire fix either, I've had enough problems with performance parts, especially performance parts sold through Mopar Performance that I think it's worth pointing out... But hey, apparently crack cocaine is good so WTF do I know........ Likely a hell of allot more than you...

Well, IMO everyone suggesting a HD shaft like it's a magic bullet isn't a sure fire fix either, I've had enough problems with performance parts, especially performance parts sold through Mopar Performance that I think it's worth pointing out... But hey, apparently crack cocaine is good so WTF do I know........ Likely a hell of allot more than you...
Well...I can spell "a lot" and you can't...
I'm saying .. if he broke a stock one... that he might try a hardened version.
It's called good advice..and you're debating it. Of all the years I've been doing this of the brands I've used... there are problems sometimes... doesnt mean the product isn't of use, just got a bad one is all. Doesn't represent all.

FWIW........I am using a hardened drive with my Melling 72HV in a mild build 340 on the advice from an engine builder I know. Having said that, for ***** and giggles, I took an OEM drive and mounted it in a vise, and used a pipe wrench to twist it to the point of failure. And, I've got to say, it took a LOT of force to break it. I find it hard to believe that it would take that much force to turn a 72HV.

-
Back