oil pump

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Since the motor will be coming out, looking to replace the oil pump if the clearances are out on it. How much pressure will the High pressure spring or oil pump make in comparison from the stock melling.

Ive only installed one on a sbm, and it showed about 20psi more cold and about 10 psi warm.
that was running 15-40. My oil temps were 30deg higher though. Ive had good luck with blueprinted stock pumps.

I dont have an oil temp gauge, I will be going 10w30 Amsoil if I put one in, so I dont know if the heat will effect mine like it did yours. But thanks! Any idea how to install or how you did?

I think the thinner oil would probably help. I welded a bung into the oil pan to install the oil tem sensor.

Get a Melling M72HV pump. Take it apart and drill the feed passage to 1/2 inch. Also the main cap passage. If yo have a right angle filter adapter drill that. Or if you have a straight screw on type take the plate off and drill the holes bigger and add more holes between the holes that are there. Also only use a NAPA gold or Wicks filters all others are junk ,they do not flow. I did this on my motor and my pressure is pegged when cold and I didn't add a pressure spring. 40 - 50 hot at idle. I am also running a remote filter and Cooler. Your oil system is what keeps it together Don't get lazy here , you can do it all yourself. Safety wire all of the pump bolts when reassembled. Steve

Attachments

• DSCF0092.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 256
I think I will just add the spring. Im not really comfortable drilling the motor, myself. IF I go stroker, I will have it done though. Thanks!

I think I will just add the spring. Im not really comfortable drilling the motor, myself. IF I go stroker, I will have it done though. Thanks!
All parts you are drilling are off of the motor. Volumn is better than pressure. The melling M72HV oil pump is a no brainer. Auto zone 40.00.

stock pan, not going to happen and not needed for my setup

Go to summit racing and order up the milodon road race pan and pickup. It sits about the k member and holds 6 quarts.

If your going to run a stock pan use a stock volume pump not a high volume.

-
Back