Oil temp

-

1969Fish

Reaction score
Does anyone on alcohol use an oil temp gauge? If so what temp do you like to get the oil to in order to evaporate alcohol out of it and what temp do you stage at?

Thanx

IMO you should not have to boil the alcohol out of the oil. Don't know if you are injected or on a carb, but you should be able to keep all the alky out of the oil.

You may get some condensation on startup, but that should go away.

If you are milking the oil, you need to correct the idle circuit, because 9 times out of 10 it's an idle setting, especially if you are injected.

It's a 1050 dominator carb. This is the first motor I've built on alcohol so was just curious if y'all use oil temp gauges and what temp to leave the line if ya do.

It's a 1050 dominator carb. This is the first motor I've built on alcohol so was just curious if y'all use oil temp gauges and what temp to leave the line if ya do.

I ran injectors and left at 160.

I will also tell you that using synthetic engine oil that uses group IV or V base oils is a bad thing. You can use group III base oils that are considered synthetic by the Supreme Court, but I would question what they know about oil.

EDIT: The 160 is water temp. If the tune up is right and you use the right oil, you should not have alcohol in the oil.

Thank for the input. I have a lean out valve that I will use. Hopefully that is sufficient.

Can you post up pics or a link to what you have? I never liked pulling the fuel shut off on injectors to warm it up. Sounds like you want to do essentially the same thing.

I'd like to see what you have.

-
Back