oil witch brand

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Time to change the oil before I put the 360 Dart away.I have a bottle of comp break in additive,so if you like tell me what brand oil you use.I have been using Joe Gibbs for my break in and one more oil change since.But @ 10 bucks a liter no more.What your thought.Is oil oil

here we go again....

schaeffersoil.com

I run the 7000 series para synthetic, it go's 7k before changing it and only cost around 4.50 a quart.

it keeps it's viscocity better under load/heat better than any mobil1 or valvolinevr1 etc...
I've been running schaeffers for over a decade.

now here's where another guy tells you to run some other brand and swears by it as well....

here we go again....

schaeffersoil.com

I run the 7000 series para synthetic, it go's 7k before changing it and only cost around 4.50 a quart.

it keeps it's viscocity better under load/heat better than any mobil1 or valvolinevr1 etc...
I've been running schaeffers for over a decade.

now here's where another guy tells you to run some other brand and swears by it as well....

haha i didn't start it this time!!!! oh and brad penn 10/30

haha i didn't start it this time!!!! oh and brad penn 10/30

why you guys run that water in your mopars is beyond me, but more power to ya...

straight 30 or 20/50w is what I recommend on the street.

for guys looking for that teeenth at the strip or 1 hp gain on the engine masters dyno, go ahead and roll the dice....just hope you even at least have considered what bearing clearance's you have.

I've been using Mitsubishi engine oil..15W50...for over a decade....very good oil....and is $30 AUD for 5 litre bottle......I know it's aussie but.
In the pic is some drops....5,000km....and new stuff.
Bottom is 1 drop of each on clean white paper towel.
The engine is spotless inside.
I use it on the wifes car too......i had to replace the rocker cover gaskets...so I took a pic of how clean it is....has 115,000km on it.
The oil in the wifes car gets changed every 5,000km....or 6 months.

Attachments

• IMGP3187.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMGP3718.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 199
Isn't shaffers POA oil, just like Amsoil, RP, etc????

It's all from the same barrel...... LOL

I reccomend tech2000 walm mart oil, 0w20.......... Save you some power it's so thin, and you can change it before is sludges because it's so cheap!

LOL

I use Amsoil 15W40 Diesel/Marine, been using it since, uhm, OK, dads been using it since..... I was like 5.......

Ran it in a little Suzuki 4wheeler I git when I was 7, turned the 10K mile odometer over four times... ran like new.

Never actually had anything wear out running it.....

Not sure how you guys can sleep at night putting thin oil in these things tho...... ugh.

Now, for the next guy and his favorite oil.....

I use what ever is on sale when I need to get oil. My vehicles with turbos get synthetic for the extra heat capacity and it's changed on 7500 mile intervals. Non-turbo vehicles get dyno oil and its changed on 5000 mile intervals. I use synthetic in the Barracuda because I drive it about 7500 miles so I only need to change it once a year when I put it away for the winter. This has been working for me the past 30+ years and over a million miles of driving. I have never had an internal engine failure and all my vehicles accumulate 200,000+ miles before I retire them.

-
Back