ok got any idea how these mount. shoulder belt hanger

-

mikess68

Reaction score
i have these. it would appear that they might get placed under the headliner moulding trim but that does not work. my 72 had original cardboard liner, just changed to regular vinyl liner with bows. still have original molding for top. seem no place these can fit. i thought about drilling a screw in the bottom and bolding to the out croping on the roof under the liner. but is there something im missing?
upload_2021-8-23_13-28-24.png

curious about this too. my 72 had the cardboard liner but I will be putting a vinyl one in when I re-assemble. I have wondered how these mount without the board.

i took them off 10 years ago and i think they slid up onto the board, but that cant happen on a fabric due to the cavity behind the headliner is not exposed like on a cardboard, but this is just my theory. guess ill just put a big *** screw into it and paint it black.

I was with Gary from Winkel Junkyard Sunday and saw the fabric headliner clips that you’re displaying. I was looking for the cardboard headliner belts with the metal clips. Gary told me those types you have screw in. Behind the cover is a hole where the screw goes in.

6676CBB6-8DD4-41BC-89E4-2E2B5EBFF3A0.jpeg

If you want I can give you Gary’s number. Great guy. I had an awesome time. Next time I need several days there at that yard:)

are you looking for a picture of the metal clip that goes behind the plastic cover?

Here are pics of the two metal and one plastic part of the seat belt storage clips for a fabric headliner with bows:

DSC04114.JPG

DSC04115.JPG

these pieces screw onto the roof frame under the fabric

DSC04116.JPG

DSC04117.JPG

DSC04118.JPG

DSC04119.JPG

metal piece on the right screws through the fabric from the outside onto the piece under the fabric, and then the plastic piece slides onto the metal to cover the metal piece
DSC04120.JPG

DSC04121.JPG

-
Back