Ok guys have a chance to get this Dart

-

WildCat

Reaction score
I have wanted to build a clone of my brothers 69 GTS Dart. It was a white, white bucket seat console interior with red GTS stripe

A guy on the Prowler board has a car his grandma bought new, has 83,000 miles appears no rust, original paint

So for my plan I would need a set of bucket seats with head rest, power steering floor shift steering column, auto console, fender turn signal bullets, rocker molding and rear finish panel. OH, also will need a 68 grill.

My brothers car had been wrecked and repaired with a 68 grill. At the time I thought maybe the GTS had the round turn signals, until I got older did I realize that they just repaired with the wrong grill.

So should I keep looking for one with more of the parts I will need, or just get this good body and find the parts I need.

Would love to find a GT in this condition or better.

Or should I just forget about building it.

I wanted the GTS but dad said, NO, you'll get killed in that thing. Oh did I mention it was a 383, Auto, 3.91 sure grip. My brother sold it and 6 months later a tornado dropped a wall on it. That was in 1974, but have wanted to find one like it or build one. Have ask Galin if he has ever seen one like it. The closest I have found is a white, red interior, red stripe 340 GTS.

View attachment image.jpg

It is your typical granny car, not a single panel without a bump on it.

And can you actually have a 45 year old car in Colorado without rust? Since it is original paint I seen no rust except in a damaged 1/4 where they straightened it out somewhat.

A good body is the key all the rest is bolt on. Granny cars can be in perfect shape. Crawl underneath to check, but I'd go for it.

yes, typical Colorado car, dry air , dry climate. just about every car ive bought here has been 95 - 98 % rust free, excluding the cars that came from other states. people come from all over to buy cars here and take them back east. that's why there aren't many left lol . I would snatch it up

HI if you get it I have the grill good luck I have built many dream car from my past.GO for it YOU only live once

JUMP ON IT!! Looks like a great car to start with. The bodywork looks minor, just start getting the parts you will need to clone it. If you are patient enough you can probably get the pieces you need from other members. The trim panels, door emblems, suspension and hoods come up fairly often in the classifieds here. Good Luck!

Looks like an awesome car.. I have a question though, you said you wanted to build a clone of your brother 69 GTS... Then said you would need a 68 grille?? Was one of those a typo? A 68 grille and bezels won't work with 69 fenders (at least not without some modifications) as the headlight buckets are in a different location, and the very top of the fenders where the grille and bezels mount is different as well... I found all that out when trying to use 68 fenders on my 69... Just wanted you to be aware of that

Scratch the typo question... I just reread the first post and understand why you want the 68 grille... You are going to have to modify the fenders for that to work

Do it..looks like a great car to start with and you only live once in this era at least...

I just picked up a 67 Dart GT ragtop this past fall outside of Denver. Lifelong Colorado car and still a rust free original.

If you can buy it at a fair price, I say grab it while you can. It will not go down in value, and if you need to get out of it for any reason, there will be a market for a clean bodied car like that.

Looks like an awesome car.. I have a question though, you said you wanted to build a clone of your brother 69 GTS... Then said you would need a 68 grille?? Was one of those a typo? A 68 grille and bezels won't work with 69 fenders (at least not without some modifications) as the headlight buckets are in a different location, and the very top of the fenders where the grille and bezels mount is different as well... I found all that out when trying to use 68 fenders on my 69... Just wanted you to be aware of that

Also, hood latch.

Great looking Dart, in great shape! Will make a great starting point for your project.

THATS TRUE!!! I learned the hard way too, I have a 67 and the 69 grill wouldn't interchange without a fender swap, 67 & 68 grill is swapable, 69 is not...

That being said that '69 looks sweet, snag it!!!

JOE

Did you get my pm about the dart in columbus Ohio?

-
Back