Ok guys, I have this cool , I think Mopar dual snorkel air cleaner, don't know what its off of ...

-
So I have an orange one that came off a 72 Monaco 440cid. Yours has a sensor in it so it's probably 70 or later cause all my 60s big blocks are plain. ( no sensors )

So I have an orange one that came off a 72 Monaco 440cid. Yours has a sensor in it so it's probably 70 or later cause all my 60s big blocks are plain. ( no sensors )
The hot air intake part on mine is unsightly
I tried to find new hardware for the vacuum canisters that modulate the air temp to 100F inside the air filter housing, yeah right huh ! So it looks like I will remove the vacuum arrangements from the snouts

As previously mentioned, the 100F inside the air filter housing was Mopar's attempt to experiment with meeting upcoming 1972 emissions standards.

The heat hose coming from the manifold is unsightly as well as the
Nipple arrangement to attach it to. I can't figure how to remove the hose unit, if possible. The vacuum diaphragm arrangement on top of the snorkels are removable but I can't figure out how to detach the rod.

Bottom line, I want a Mopar dual snorkel air cleaner that looks like it was born there.i have a 360 Magnum pie plate on the way , but

I don't want it to look butchered whatsoever.
It will probably help that I have a buddy that owns a sheet metal shop.

You can get the same dual snorkel style breather that came on motor homes.

The one that came off of the motor homes did not have the trap doors and vacuum pods.

They should be a lot cheaper as well.

I was lucky enough the buy a dual snorkel. from a 70 B body earlier this year for $25 at an estate auction.

-
Back