OK, I give up.

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I just re-finished these covers with a nice wrinkle finish and now I'm in need of the grommets.

I have the PCV grommet, but I need the 1.5"OD by 1" ID for the breathers.

Anyone have a clue where to get them, part number etc.

I have checked everywhere, and cross referenced Dorman numbers for size.

Nothing.

Attachments

• MT After.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 520
Mopar Part #1-53030017....pretty sure that's what you're looking for :)

That number comes up a .45 ID for a PCV. I need a 1 inch ID.

Why are these so flippin hard to find. :banghead:

That number comes up a .45 ID for a PCV. I need a 1 inch ID.

Why are these so flippin hard to find. :banghead:

A stock pvc necks down to from about a1" dia to 1/2", you must have a non-stock PCV?

Go to a gasket store and see if they ain't got something. Unless you want original design parts of course.

That is easy mopar sells a kit with the correct 1" hole for breathers, check summit.

I have used them on the mopar performance cast ones with no issues.

Thanks, I guess it's worth a shot. Looks like I could cut the center out of the solid one for the other breather.

Bruce if you have a Oriellys near you go there. Go to the help section and they have the exact grommet your looking for. It even says its for Chrysler. The part number on the grommet is 6042344M.

If you dont have one near you let me know and I will go pick one up for you and send it off.

Bruce, my 2000 Holley catalog, shows three for M/T covers. Check out, Holley p.n. 241-212.(the other two options,241-214/241-215 aren't even close.) Hope this ,helps

Geez, why in 'ell is it so hard to find anything for these covers?

Anywho, I got the grommet/breather/ PCV thingy worked out.

Now I need an oil filler cap. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

They look good, I have a set of them in black wrinkle, I like your silver/aluminum accents. I may have to copycat that.

They look good, I have a set of them in black wrinkle, I like your silver/aluminum accents. I may have to copycat that.

It's the raw aluminum from the cover, after I painted them, I just sanded the fins. The large area I masked off before hand.

-
Back