ok i need some help

-
Here's a diagram of how the system works
I was wondering about this Diagram even before you posted it up. Is the system directional??? I know that sounds stupid but it would make the PCV valve belong on the Passenger side instead of the drivers side etc....Just wondering..:glasses7:

49 posts and still?

In the before you can see the PCV valve in the passenger side valve cover (or at least it looks like one). In the after it has been eliminated. THIS is the problem as I have said repeatedly. If you would listen, after all YOU ASKED for help and you have gotten it, you would be on the path to correcting the problem.

Knock out the plug in the passenger side cover, get a grommet and put your breather on that side. Get the right size grommet and put the PCV valve on the driver side hooked to full manifold vacuum.
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!

By the way I would suggest you replace that plastic gas filter for a metal one, but that could be another 49 posts.
LOL, Now that's some funny S%$%

one breather is fine, ur rings r crap if blowin the dip stick out.

pcv is optional. imo

Ive run w/o a pcv and just a breather,,,never shot the dip stick out.

What carb are you running?

if it has a bowl vent..u can route one of the breather hoses to it, or better yet...'the air cleaner'.

pcv is optional. imo

if it has a bowl vent..u can route one of the breather hoses to it, or better yet...'the air cleaner'.
i was going to touch on that but that could get too deep for this conversation lol. maybe the rings are totally shot and no breather or pcv would help this situation lol

i was going to touch on that but that could get too deep for this conversation lol. maybe the rings are totally shot and no breather or pcv would help this situation lol
The thing is that it was fine before he swapped out the Valve covers.

Take a look at the diagram that show how the hoses should be routed. You have the breather hooked to the carb...WRONG. It should be pcv to carb. But if you still want to try something else maybe hook your breather or pcv to your A/C condenser

yea,i read that one page one. i was being sarcastic. im sure his rings are fine, otherwise he would have had blowby before the switch.
We can only hope so...I would think the breather would be letting out the pressure even if it is not the correct system. You gotta start with the little stuff first though. Wonder how it's going????:clock:

We can only hope so...I would think the breather would be letting out the pressure even if it is not the correct system. You gotta start with the little stuff first though. Wonder how it's going????:clock:

lol, im curious myself, hopefully with all this info, he gets it figured out

i did go get a pcv and changed it but with the breather it took awhile for it to start making the mess it did i cleaned that all up so im going to drive it for a little while and see what happens. the carb is a 2bbl holley i dont know what size it is for all i know it could be a 400cfm but who knows

i did go get a pcv and changed it but with the breather it took awhile for it to start making the mess it did i cleaned that all up so im going to drive it for a little while and see what happens. the carb is a 2bbl holley i dont know what size it is for all i know it could be a 400cfm but who knows

So you took out the one breather you had and replaced it with a PCV valve?

pcv is optional. imo

Yeah, but the problem wasn't there before he changed the valve covers. That's why we were trying to splain it to him. LOL

drove it for like 30 miles got home looked at it and its covered in oil doesnt look like its coming from the dipstick tube but i didnt have the car on when i looked now it could possibly leaking from the gasket since autozone didnt give me the material i wanted cause they are stupid and didnt know what i was talking about

drove it for like 30 miles got home looked at it and its covered in oil doesnt look like its coming from the dipstick tube but i didnt have the car on when i looked now it could possibly leaking from the gasket since autozone didnt give me the material i wanted cause they are stupid and didnt know what i was talking about
are you talking about the valve cover gaskets? or the new grommet? if you mean the VC gaskets, the best ones out there are the felpro rubber gaskets for aluminum covers IMO.

are you talking about the valve cover gaskets? or the new grommet? if you mean the VC gaskets, the best ones out there are the felpro rubber gaskets for aluminum covers IMO.

vc gaskets and thats whats on there is felpro rubber i told them i wanted some rubber coated fiber cause i believe thats whats on my truck and they havent leaked yet but yet it has the stock covers

So do you just have a PCV valve and the oil filler cap or do you have a PCV valve on one side, breather on the other and an oil filler cap on one valve cover?

Re: your oil leak at the valve cover. Did you put these covers on the same side as the car they came off from? R side to R side and L to L? It is not unusual for these to hit the intake manifold. The cure is to file off a small section of the lip.
If you didn't put them on the same way they came off, you might try swapping sides.
I am hesitant to make this suggestion, but have done so anyhow. BTW, what tranny shop do you work for? Just asking...
C

-
Back