ok, so i need some help to remove this dash trim

-

74slnt6

Reaction score
ok, so this might be stupid to ask, but i need some help to remove this piece, how does this piece of trim around the air controls come off, is it clips or nuts on the back? i quit trying to feel around because some barbs on the dash were cutting my arm up. anyone know?
untitledzcczx.JPG

Take the chrome lever knobs off first. Should be an allen screw on the underside of them. Then reach behind and remove the nuts.....and yes lots of sharp edges....be careful !!

When you start to get frustrated, a hand grenade becomes appealing. Will definitely remove it too.

When you start to get frustrated, a hand grenade becomes appealing. Will definitely remove it too.

i hear ya on that man, i finally got it out after finding the two hidden screws in the top. that was just one of those jobs that should have went 10x smoother than it did. at least its done :cheers:

Definitely easier with the ashtray and the radio out. (be glad you don't have to pull the A/C duct first)
The other option is to pull the glovebox liner and come at it from the side.

I think the set screws may have been on earlier models? I know my '74 doesn't have them.

-
Back