OK.. the start of something new for FERN

-
Keep up the great work. Fern sure does look good in your garage.

ok...I'm done for the day. Granny is wanting me to come spend time with her. If Granny ain't happy...ain't nobody happy. Maybe watch a movie.
The Fern saga will continue tomorrow.:cya:

Pic= PCV hose???
I was sure that wasn't hooked up!!:glasses8:

Fern is getting the Royal Treatment!!! WOW!!!

yes she is.. is amazing that hubby has the same look in his eyes as 64dart170.... the twinkle the big sigh when he takes the time to go thru the kitchen down the stairs to the garage and open the door and turn on the light and just gaze.... i have NEVER before in my life seen two men have such a love affair with a car!!!!!:burnout:

no work to Fern this weekend. had too much to do around the house. See Ya'll next weekend!

yes she is.. is amazing that hubby has the same look in his eyes as 64dart170.... the twinkle the big sigh when he takes the time to go thru the kitchen down the stairs to the garage and open the door and turn on the light and just gaze.... i have NEVER before in my life seen two men have such a love affair with a car!!!!!:burnout:
I get that same look when I work on my Duster. Sometimes the look turns to angry9: when things do not go well, but I think in general if you really love your car and have the ability to work on it then this look is quite normal.

It's that hand painted royal badge on the front of Fern and her sparkle paint job.
It's just soooo mezmerizing! LOL!!:tongue3:

LOVE THAT CAR!!!

Dr. Dart, no excuses, this weekend sunny and warm. Just perfect for You, Fern, and the driveway!!:sunny:

PS: Did you guys get the manual and the DVD with the 2000 Fern Pics yet? DVD work in your computer ok?

It's that hand painted royal badge on the front of Fern and her sparkle paint job.
It's just soooo mezmerizing! LOL!!:tongue3:

LOVE THAT CAR!!!

Dr. Dart, no excuses, this weekend sunny and warm. Just perfect for You, Fern, and the driveway!!:sunny:

PS: Did you guys get the manual and the DVD with the 2000 Fern Pics yet? DVD work in your computer ok?

oh yes.. and he has looked at it many times.. over.. and over.. lolol.. we are going to print some off and put in a book to keep in the car .. i took her to ace hardware the other day and people were justa lookin at her... as if she were naked.. it was great....:razz:

oh yes.. and he has looked at it many times.. over.. and over.. lolol.. we are going to print some off and put in a book to keep in the car .. i took her to ace hardware the other day and people were justa lookin at her... as if she were naked.. it was great....:razz:

Yeah, even the light green color on the bottom half of that car is interesting!

WO! really cool avitar shot of the roof!!! I need to get a file of that pic! Even though I painted it, I never really got to see it before from overhead view. WOW!!! When I painted I only had a board across 2 ramps to stand on. Couldn't really see the roof when I was painting it. It was still chest high and I had to reach up and over to shoot the center of the roof.
It looks awesome with the overhead view!!!
I can't wait to shoot the upside of Lump, "orange Hawaiian Ice cream bar"
It will be cool but not as rich and elegant looking as Ferns roof.:love7:
WOW, I just can't get over your avitar pic!!!

it really does look good.. you did a great job... i just happen to be on the front porch and look down.. and saw that.. and remembered that you said you could see the flakes... and the photo really doesnt do it justice...

i cant take her anywhere without someone asking about her or doing some serious looking... we got her new tags... FERN 4 A... she wears them proudly.. i have a few more photos of her from the porch.. ill get them to ya...

Ok Ya'll...I haven't had much time to work on Fern. When the weather got nice I had a ton of yardwork to do. Then I was in Houston one weekend. Yesterday was a washout, but today couldn't have gotten any better. Had to work on my house AC most of the morning. Then...got Fern out in the sun. Have shocks, balljoints, front bearings, and seals.
Today I got the front and rear shocks replaced. Man, she rides like a dream. Still a little clunking from the upper balljoints.
Had to order the balljoint socket. Should be in next week. Maybe I will wait until I get the front rotors, calipers, brake lines, and pads. Might as well do it all at once.
Having a helluva time trying to find rear window seal. Anyone have any info?
Y'all have a good week!

Here are some pics

Attachments

• 4-17-11 1 S.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 4-17-11 2S.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 4-17-11 3S.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 170
Got my balljoint sockets in today. The rain just won't stop though. :sad3:

Attachments

• 4-23-11 ball joint socketss.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 151
ok we have been away for a bit.. but now that its summer time and things are warmer and days are longer... Fern will have to have an operation ..... she didnt want to get me home from the store a few weeks ago.. kinda wanted to dye on me.. for a sec i was afraid she would leave on a straight away in middle of town... so she has been parked in the house till we can make sure what exactly she will be needing....

Fern almost took off my last two fingers on my left hand also in the past.. due to son-in-laws lack of attention span.. and eagerness to drive Fern.. i think he forgot about me putting groceries in the car.... hhhuummm well ill have to have my wedding rings fixed and a few days of healing on the my hand.. i think ill get to keep them.. he slammed her door HARD... and smashed the rings on my finger.. i do believe if it were not for the stoutness of the wedding band (thanks to hubby) she sould have broken both my and and my fingers... i have forgotten what that felt like .... fingers slammed in the car door...... havent done that since i was a kid..... i cant wait to get her fixed so we can start taking her places other than walmart and kroger... lol.. i know she is chompin at the bit to see different places and things...

so here is to summer and attention to fern... I just know she will be up and doing better soon....

Ok Ya'll...I haven't had much time to work on Fern. When the weather got nice I had a ton of yardwork to do. Then I was in Houston one weekend. Yesterday was a washout, but today couldn't have gotten any better. Had to work on my house AC most of the morning. Then...got Fern out in the sun. Have shocks, balljoints, front bearings, and seals.
Today I got the front and rear shocks replaced. Man, she rides like a dream. Still a little clunking from the upper balljoints.
Had to order the balljoint socket. Should be in next week. Maybe I will wait until I get the front rotors, calipers, brake lines, and pads. Might as well do it all at once.
Having a helluva time trying to find rear window seal. Anyone have any info?
Y'all have a good week!

what's up Doc?!!
LOL!
Reuse back windshield seal by cleaning with mineral spirits, gloves, elbow grease, and any other tools to help like plastic scraper. Really nasty job, takes like 4 hours. See Fern's restore thread showing me cleaning the old ones,.....Nasty Job!:glasses2:

New ones are better, and rumor has it that Steele is offering them again.
Glad to see fern is getting the attention she deserves.
Good Luck!
John.

ok we have been away for a bit.. but now that its summer time and things are warmer and days are longer... Fern will have to have an operation ..... she didnt want to get me home from the store a few weeks ago.. kinda wanted to dye on me.. for a sec i was afraid she would leave on a straight away in middle of town... so she has been parked in the house till we can make sure what exactly she will be needing....

Fern almost took off my last two fingers on my left hand also in the past.. due to son-in-laws lack of attention span.. and eagerness to drive Fern.. i think he forgot about me putting groceries in the car.... hhhuummm well ill have to have my wedding rings fixed and a few days of healing on the my hand.. i think ill get to keep them.. he slammed her door HARD... and smashed the rings on my finger.. i do believe if it were not for the stoutness of the wedding band (thanks to hubby) she sould have broken both my and and my fingers... i have forgotten what that felt like .... fingers slammed in the car door...... havent done that since i was a kid..... i cant wait to get her fixed so we can start taking her places other than walmart and kroger... lol.. i know she is chompin at the bit to see different places and things...

so here is to summer and attention to fern... I just know she will be up and doing better soon....

Sorry to hear about the string of bad luck.
Did you find out what was wrong with Fern???
Is she running OK??? OPERATION?????

-
Back