Old Dodge Pickup

-
That one would be a lot of work. Guy here locally is putting a Dakota frame, shortened, under a "pilot house" Dodge. I thought about trying the same thing. I'm an idiot.

My 49 Pilothouse cab bolted right on the 83 D150 frame I have. All I had to do was drill holes for the rear cab mounts in the frame. The front line up. Like it was made for it.

My 49 Pilothouse cab bolted right on the 83 D150 frame I have. All I had to do was drill holes for the rear cab mounts in the frame. The front line up. Like it was made for it.
Now you tell me. So the mid 70's frame will work. Good. I will save it. Its a club cab long box, but i can deal with that. the second truck im buying will have a nicer chassis.actually, i have 3 dodge full size frames here. What was i thinkin?

Now you tell me. So the mid 70's frame will work. Good. I will save it. Its a club cab long box, but i can deal with that. the second truck im buying will have a nicer chassis.actually, i have 3 dodge full size frames here. What was i thinkin?

It worked for ME. The front cab mounts on the frame were perfect for where I wanted them. It moved the cab back a good bit, because the cab mounts on the Pilothouse were a good bit forward of where the 83 cab mounts were. I needed it further back, to mount the engine behind the cross member and to move the radiator behind the front of the front tires, so the grill won't be hangin out in front of the tires lookin all stupid. Also, it makes the back look short, which is pretty appealing since it's a dually.

-
Back