Old KIA bicycle

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
Brought home this old KIA Industries bike it's a Samchuli 3000. Not much information available on these korean bikes. They started making bikes in the early 1950's and it's the same company that is now Kia Motors selling cars here in the US.

These Kia bikes are not known for being high quality, but this bike to me just kind of has a real long cool rat rod look. The rack on the back looks like you could carry just about anything that would fit. It's very big and heavy duty. Anyways I aired up the tires and tightened up the cranks and rode it around the block. It's in pretty good shape for it's age. I get a real kick out of riding or driving anything old that still rides or runs regardless of condition.

Anybody here know anything about these bikes or seen this style before?

Attachments

• Kia bike 001 (Small).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 503
  • Kia bike 002 (Small).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 452
  • Kia bike 005 (Small).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 332
Let me dig up homecloned's email and have him take a look.

He's big into antique foreign bikes. He might have some info for you.

That would be great, Im really surprised I cant find out much info on the bike.

Noel's got a passion for foreign antique bikes. I know he has a bunch of European and a handful of Asian built.

Just emailed him. The last I saw him he was in the middle of a move and turning his bike collection into a museum there in St. Pete, so it might take him a few days to get back to me.

Noel's got a passion for foreign antique bikes. I know he has a bunch of European and a handful of Asian built.

Just emailed him. The last I saw him he was in the middle of a move and turning his bike collection into a museum there in St. Pete, so it might take him a few days to get back to me.

Back in the late 70s my neighbors younger sister had a kia bike. Typical kids bike with sissy bar and banana seat with the ape hanger bars.

Thats all i.know on that one. Kia still makes bikes today

-
Back