Old logging pictures

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Here's some pictures of logging in the 20's in Washington. The guy sitting in the middle holding a smoke is my Grandfather. The pictures where taken by a guy named Darius Kinski (not sure about last name spelling) He would show up on job sites, take pictures than take orders for prints. Are family is lucky that my Grandpa always purchased one from him. These are three of about 10 that my Dad has.

The last one is of one of my Dad and Uncles log trucks in the Timber Bowl Rodeo in Darrington Washington back in the early 60's.

Grandpa by donkey.jpg

Grandpa log truck.jpg

Grandpa on donkey.jpg

log truck.jpg

cool pictures =) thanks for sharing them! my grandpa worked on the CPR (Canadian Pacific Railway) his life so i know the type of interest you must have in stuff like that

in that second pic the truck is on "DUBs" :)

Wow , those are huge trees. I love those old pictures, the truck in picture two is tough! I saw a special once where a man found a ton of that old growth timber at the bottom of one of the Great Lakes. The cold water preserved it. He found a way to float them to the surface with balloons and harvested the wood. People are now paying stupid money for the wood because of it`s age and beauty.

neat to have pics like that. my great grandfather owned a granite quary and we have some pics like that from the 20's.
thanks for sharing

-
Back