old man new member

-

64 AAR Valiant

ODD DUCK
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello. New guy here with an E body. 73 Cuda. I hope that's ok. I am currently doing a swap 5.7 with nag into my 73. I purchased the complete drive train from an 07 charger in 08. everything from rad to rear. most of my questions would be on the electrical end. Any help I can offer on the fabrication end just ask.

well Ray you came to the right place. there are sum smart people here.welcome to the fabo family and thanks for the pics...Artie

Welcome, like others have said there's a lot of nice helpful people 'round here, and a tremendous amount of excellent information.

Here's a good thread about a guy doing something similar, its not a bad place to start.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=53074

Looks like your off to a great start, very aggressive transplanting the IRS and Strut suspension into a Cuds.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Welcome aboard, nice looking build, keep the pic's coming.

Hello. New guy here with an E body. 73 Cuda. I hope that's ok. I am currently doing a swap 5.7 with nag into my 73. I purchased the complete drive train from an 07 charger in 08. everything from rad to rear. most of my questions would be on the electrical end. Any help I can offer on the fabrication end just ask.

We'll try not to hold the E body thing against you. :) Sweet car, should be a screamer with a 5.7 Hemi. Lots of work and finagling, but when it's done it will be awesome.

Welcome, like others have said there's a lot of nice helpful people 'round here, and a tremendous amount of excellent information.

Here's a good thread about a guy doing something similar, its not a bad place to start.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=53074

Looks like your off to a great start, very aggressive transplanting the IRS and Strut suspension into a Cuds.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. That sure is a lot of work 5.7 dart has done, some beautiful cars he has. I did notice he hasn't posted any progress
lately . I would love to pic his brain. Anyone know if he is ok.

I hope to tinker with my project this week. Waiting for the alterkation parts I sent to be powder coated to come back.

Yes and no. On pics. I took a lot of pics, but an electrical surge during a power failure in May fryed my surge protecters, and the computer. My son who is active Air Force and built the computer said he will retrieve everything when he comes home next month. I will be pulling the IRS out again. Still have some more sheet metal work and a lot of clean up to do. I will take some close up pics and try to explain how I did it.

Yes and no. On pics. I took a lot of pics, but an electrical surge during a power failure in May fryed my surge protecters, and the computer. My son who is active Air Force and built the computer said he will retrieve everything when he comes home next month. I will be pulling the IRS out again. Still have some more sheet metal work and a lot of clean up to do. I will take some close up pics and try to explain how I did it.

sounds like a plan:lurk:

hey welcome aboard gotta step by step on that irs?

Well good news bad news. No lluck yet retrieving the old photos. However while waiting for the powder coater to return my alterkation parts I removed the IRS and built a rotisserie. Tired of working upside down. Close up new pics next week and I can answer any questions.

Ray

Looks like a cool build and by transplanting the rear you will be able to overcome the nags need for wheel speed sensor feedback.

Looks like a cool build and by transplanting the rear you will be able to overcome the nags need for wheel speed sensor feedback.

That's the plan, but you know how that works out sometimes. I have all the harness and ABS. Carlisle this Saturday see what I can find for the project.

If you have the factory service manual and a lot of patience you can make the factory harness work. The other harness that might be is the power harness, as well as the abs harness.

You can find factory DVD harnesses for download on ebay. They will give you all the wiring diagrams necessary to trace the wires you need from those that you don't.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Thanks Joe. Just returned from Carlisle. Rain off and on most of the day, and a Large amount of vendors where packed and gone by noon. I believe I have everything I need just needed to know where to look to tie things together thanks again.

Looks pretty good. Did you use parts of the donor frame grafted in there for the mounts?

Looks pretty good. Did you use parts of the donor frame grafted in there for the mounts?

Nope fabricated everything from scratch. In hindsight and that's a wonderful thing. I should have built the rotessire first. then bought new frame rail sections built everything off them then grafted them on. I think if I do another one that's how I would go..

-
Back