Old NOS MP forged crank question

-

CMcAllister

Reaction score
I have an NOS P4529715 crank that I am trying to decide what to do with. 3.79 stroke, forged 1053 material (same as the old OE 340 crank). I'm thinking about 700 - 750 reliable horsepower in a real light car for close to a 160 MPH 1/4 mile. I've spun stock 340 bottom ends pretty high at lower power levels and I'm wondering what the limitations are of these cranks. Anyone have any experiences or opinions of these old cranks? Good to go or hand grenade?

I have an NOS P4529715 crank that I am trying to decide what to with. 3.79 stroke, forged 1053 material (same as the old OE 340 crank). I'm thinking about 700 - 750 reliable horsepower in a real light car for close to a 160 MPH 1/4 mile. I've spun stock 340 bottom ends pretty high at lower power levels and I'm wondering what the limitations are of these cranks. Anyone have any experiences or opinions of these old cranks? Good to go or hand grenade?

Better figure on a R block, oem block will be the weak link I think

May have an X block on the parts list, too. I know it's 59 degree, hopefully we would be able to keep the RPMs reasonable.

-
Back