old pic my father 69 gts

-

silverex

Reaction score
Hi

My father found back some picture.

in may 69 is brother was a salesmen in a local dodge dealer, my father have agree on a purchase of a 69 swinger 340 on friday morning.Saturday my uncle call back at home asking my father to came in a hurry the famous gts 383 that all boys see around was in with a blow engine, the second one since march 69. My father came in the garage with is father, he says around a dozen of guys where looking for the gts, is brother says 3300$ canadian $$ with a brand new engine and it s yours. the story was on the move.

this car was weel optionned, bucket,console, tach 727, 3.23 sure grip.. chrome ,mags wheel ,roof mounted seat belt the guy wanted all the option except ac, the car came and only the electrical window was not in, the car has no fender badges too! the dealer put the new engine that came with chrome valve covers. and my father installed some open headers trap finisch it on the next saturday morning tuned the carb , and go down to the drag strip about 5 min from the dealer! running a 14,10 with 98 mph best 100mph. my fatherhave no slick, he says the car was spinning badly, beat is friend 428 mustang and a 390 mustang friend who had 4,11 gear slick and traction bars, another of is friend had a t/a my father said if have had some slick and a god 60 ft he never pass him!! the car run as a f/sa until 1976 when I was born, never run on winter! the rest is history winning many times, and later runninga 70 swinger 340. a z28( i started drag racing in it) and about 2 year ago the drag racing end with a 9,84 malibu 434 that my cousin drove, I love to find a good 69 gts a make a tribute car to him. he has 22 at this time, lucky men !!

-
Back