Old piston rings wanted

-

Dartnewbie

Former Dart owner
Reaction score
I am starting a local car show in about 2 weeks. I would like anyone who has old pistons rings to sell/send them to me for ring toss games during the show.
Any other ideas for kids games using car parts are also welcome. Thanks!!

Come on now someone has to have some old rings sitting around. I do not have any so that is why I am asking. I'll go buy a new set if I have to but I would think with all the engine rebuild talk on here someone has a set lying around they don't want anymore. I'll pay shipping for them!!

I'm sure a little grinding can fix that but good point.

i think i have a few out in the shed. pm me your address and i'll send them to you.
-Tim

I should be pulling the pistons out of the 360 block that will become my 408, this weekend. If I have the time, and am able to, I can take the rings off and send them to you. I have no use for them.

PM me your mailing addy.

I can't think of a car part game but some ranchers I met years ago had a horseshoe hanging from the roof of the barn on a sturdy string. On the wall about 10 ft up was a hook. The key was to swing the horseshoe on the string and get it to hang on the hook. It was pretty dang hard to do too. They had a name for the game, but I don't remember what it was.

Maybe you could do the same in a much smaller version with a connecting rod and a hook or basket?

if you have some old carbs you could have a competition to see who can take them apart then put them back together the fastest?

crankshaft toss? who can throw it the farthest?

btw i got 16 rings together. i'll send them on monday.
-tim

Thanks Optik. Looking forward to getting something together for some sort of game. I think the crank toss may be a little hard on the parking lot but would be fun to try. BTW I updated my gallery today if you want to take a look. If anyone has any of those old see through engine models that rotate to show how an engine works and wants to sell one, I think people might get a kick out those as well. Anything to educate the young ones and get them interested in working on cars.

-
Back