Old school Hemi in a WHAT ?!?!

-

SassyGrass71

Reaction score
Ok, I have been working on my latest acquisition, a 66 dart. While going in and out of the garage, I kept going past my Hemi. I finally looked down at it and went "hmmmm". Then I laughed, but I kept thinking "what if". So I decided to ask the collective to see if anybody has put an old school hemi into a newer car?. I have a 1955 Dodge Super Red Ram 270, 4bbl, auto, Complete other than the gen. I keep laughing at myself for even thinking about putting it in my 66 Dart, but if I could, I could then say it has a "Hemi in it". :D

Yeah it can go in and look cool. However even the lowly 273 or 318 will make more power for a lot less $. I love the old Red Ram engine and had a 241 in a 54 Dodge then it went into a 55 Plymouth. Ran forever but just not enough cubes.

Great choice to put in a baby hemi at 183 hp into your 66 Dart just for looks and it doesn't weigh much more than a 360.

Cool Cuda !

The other thing I was thinking about was my midddle sons 65 Mustang. We will have a leftover 66 parts car, and i was thinking about ordering a Mustang II front kit for it....and having it set up for a 318. :)

There was a 66 dart altered wheelbase car with a 392 hemi at the Ohlone car show in fremont ca about two weeks ago, Very cool. Might Be some pix of it on the web somewhere. I think it was mopar magic show.

-
Back