Old school Nascar history, pictures

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I have been in Modesto, Ca, for the last week visiting my wifes family.

My brother in law's step dad passed away a few weeks ago

His step dad was Jack McCoy.

Some of you may have heard of him, for those that havent, he had been racing since the 50's, and raced Winston West from 64-74.

He took his cars around to the Fruit Yard and the college in Modesto, he ran McCoy Tires in the Valley too.

He wrote a book called Racings Real McCoy, pretty interesting if you find it. He also ran the Cannonball Run in 75, coming in second.

We went to his storage shop to sort out the cars between my brother and law and Ernie Conn yesterday.

His 69 Daytona was there, his 2 50 Dodges, and a bunch of other stuff.

He also has Ray Elders 71 Charger, and Bobby Issac's 71 Charger.

He is selling a 70 Chrysler 300H, he has a new 300C, that is totaled but the hemi is still good, and he has 3 Australian Hemi 6's he will sell, one is mine, but he will sell the other two.

I guess they have some kind of Nascar/sportscar meet at Sears Point in a month or so. They are planning to bring all the cars to make a lap of the track

I need to resize my pictures or post them somewhere, cause i think they are too big.

But i have some good ones of his Daytona, which is beautiful, its loud as hell, and i got to sit in it. Let me know if anyone wants copies.

The image uploads failed, i will post them somewhere and post the links

http://s572.photobucket.com/albums/ss161/rp23g7/?albumview=slideshow

Sorry to hear about your family's loss. I did a search on Jack McCoy, found all kinds of good stuff about him. Found all kinds of pictures, too. Sounds like he was one helluva driver! Would like to get my hands on his book. Is it still in circulation?

335_Jack_McCoy.jpg

Jack McCoy.jpg

Thanks Cifftt,

Yes, Jack was a awsome guy. We had dinner at his house a few yrs ago, first time i had met him. It was great listening to all his stories.

His wife still has some books left. I will see if I can get one.

here is an original shot from??? riverside?? maybe...sorry it is not the best moment, but it is the only photo i had. very sorry for your loss....

1969_DAYTONA_NUMBER_07_01.JPG.JPG

Sorry to here of your loss.

Sounds like some nice racing history he had. Hope you get them pics up. That would be cool to see.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Here are a few pictures I took of his Daytona to the 2007 Spring Fling in Van Nuys, CA. Also was able to get to the fling early enough on the sunday to see the car drive over to the show area, got a short video clip of that that I'll try and upload later.

Mopar Spring Fling 2007 100.jpg

Mopar Spring Fling 2007 104.jpg

Mopar Spring Fling May 2007 338 (27).jpg

Mopar Spring Fling May 2007 338 (61).jpg

Great pictures 73duster, I never made it to the car shows he took it to, would have loved to see it drive, or driven it. I went to the Fruit yard show, when it was at the JC once. Live to far away to go to all the shows.

After seeing it in person i bet that thing was a bear to actually drive.

-
Back