old timer

-

bruce garside

Reaction score
have an 8&3/4 rear that has large nut holding rear hub, it has 11x2.5 drums and new shoes and cylinders,but no e-brake cables. Can i swap the backing plates for ones that do? If so what year and model do i look for? Thanks

The backing plate 5-hole patterns are the same pattern for all 8 3/4. In fact, I have the complete drum setup from an 8 1/4 Aspen/Volare rear on my car because it is the same on them, even up through whatever is in the new Liberty's and other Jeeps.

So I'm thinking that any 11x2.5 drum car will work for the backing plate, but I don't know if the hub flange is in the same width on the tapered-spline rears.

The backing plate 5-hole patterns are the same pattern for all 8 3/4. In fact, I have the complete drum setup from an 8 1/4 Aspen/Volare rear on my car because it is the same on them, even up through whatever is in the new Liberty's and other Jeeps.

So I'm thinking that any 11x2.5 drum car will work for the backing plate, but I don't know if the hub flange is in the same width on the tapered-spline rears.
The hub has 5x41/2 stud spacing so they should be the same but the drums are good so it would be nice to just put them back on.Thanks

The hub has 5x41/2 stud spacing so they should be the same but the drums are good so it would be nice to just put them back on.Thanks

Clarification: I'm talking about the bolt pattern on the backing plate (five holes in a D shape). If you have a pick n' pull in your area, getting a backing plate stack to try isn't too bad.

Clarification: I'm talking about the bolt pattern on the backing plate (five holes in a D shape). If you have a pick n' pull in your area, getting a backing plate stack to try isn't too bad.
Understood thanks. that helps a lot, i just have to go searching now.

-
Back