Older 904 on newer version slant

-

Slant six nz

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm from little old new zealand and have just got a five frost plug slant rebuilt to go behind a older 904 and am looking for one of those magic spacer to get them to meet up . And another question flex plates to suit the bugger crank dose anybody know if the ones on rock auto are the right od

The slant 6 904 bell house will be different than the small block 904 so note the starter location. The slant six is at the top corner of the bell house and the small block is at the bottom corner and will not interchange with a plate that I'm aware of. Someone with more knowledge than I have will chime in quickly if that's wrong. So make sure what you have is a slant 6 transmission with the correct bell house.

This is what I'm after

DART-08.jpg

The slant 6 904 bell house will be different than the small block 904 so note the starter location. The slant six is at the top corner of the bell house and the small block is at the bottom corner and will not interchange with a plate that I'm aware of. Someone with more knowledge than I have will chime in quickly if that's wrong. So make sure what you have is a slant 6 transmission with the correct bell house.

Not what the OP asked about but will clarify what you mentioned. There is a factory cast iron adapter made in 64-67 that mates a LA727 to a slant. A500’s (LA904 based) have also been successfully mated to the slant with this adapter. Here is said adapter that I possess:

1E77F067-58DF-40B1-82C4-81C1F82DFADB.jpeg

-
Back