OMG...another duster rear tire size..

-

grassy

Reaction score
OK..the largest 14 inch radial you can buy in Canada is 255...not very wide..Grampa actually put those on my car :)

I have a set of 17 inch rims..so I stuck them up to that car..excuse the quality..getting dark..

695801644_4dHC3-X2.jpg

I am not sure but the 235's on the wheels look that are leaning up against teh duster look wider than the 255 Gramps installed..not sure why...

I have a set of 285/35's on my other car...I wonder if they will fit and if anyone else has done this..

695801450_dKGHG-X2.jpg

I can bring the springs inward and tub in the trunk..what has anyone else done..

Grassy

Grassy,
I minitubbed and am going to a four link system tucked into the frame rail. I now have the room for 335/30/18s but the rim/ tire combo thing is hanging me up.The minitub thread is on body/interior and the 4link thread is on suspension.
Andrew

What 255 14's have you found? I thought the widest 14" radial you could get was a 245/60/14.

Opps.went back out to the car, stood on my head and wet the size again..you are right ..245..which is even more pathethic..I went to 3 car tire dealers and I am sure one said 255 but it wasn't what I wanted so I didn't retain..

Grassy,
I minitubbed and am going to a four link system tucked into the frame rail. I now have the room for 335/30/18s but the rim/ tire combo thing is hanging me up.The minitub thread is on body/interior and the 4link thread is on suspension.
Andrew

Andrew..thanks..I will head there..it just strikes me that this question should be easy..

ian.

-
Back