once again DC prooves to be stupid

-
threefortyduster said:
BillyBBad said:
threefortyduster said:
69S383FB said:
They can put a Hemi in a go-cart, it doesn't make it look good. Seems to me you need to take a look at some of the pics of the prototype Charger and you might think twice. That was one awesome car and I dont care what engine is in it. Just because they put a high performance engine in a vehicle doesn't make it look good. I think what they promised to deliver and what they did deliver disappointed many people as you can hear on this board...
I have seen the 99 concept in person, thank you. i liked it, yes, but i also like the new one...styling is completely subjective, and i like it. i think you need to not try and degrade me because of my age.

They promised something nostalgic and they dilvered nothing. Most of the younger crowd who has no history with the orginal cars might like this car. But for the purist Mopar Muscle car guy...well, I think you can hear the general concensus.
once again, i am a mopar guy through and through, ask anyone who knows me, i may not have the true history with the originals, but you know what? i have worked on enough of them, and restored more than one and am working on more...just because someone is young doesnt make them unknowledgeable.

I am leaving tomorrow morning for the Detroit auto show. I will be able to see this toad first hand. I'll let you know Thursday what I saw....ho hum...
want a cookie?

First off He never said you, He ment in general, Not all the younger group would understand. Meaning non-Mopar guys. Second I find that your post was...Well, rather rude. I started this thread to create a little debate, Not a flame party. You have strike one in my book.
Good Day Sir,

Billy
let me go cry because someone on the internet doesn't like me.

grow up. we all have a right to our opinions.

Yes threefortyduster you are entitled to your opinion and so is everyone else! None of those comments were directed at you but you seemed to take them personally and lashed out at them.
There is no need to be rude to others on this board,this is a friendly board and everyone gets along!
This is NOT Moparts where they argue over stupid crap!
So i suggest you calm down and think before you lash out at someone else's opinions or comments that have nothing to do with you.

As for Billy i think you owe him an apology for being so rude to him!

EvilScamp said:
Yes threefortyduster you are entitled to your opinion and so is everyone else! None of those comments were directed at you but you seemed to take them personally and lashed out at them.
There is no need to be rude to others on this board,this is a friendly board and everyone gets along!
So i suggest you calm down and think before you lash out at someone else's opinions or comments that have nothing to do with you.

Get 'em

Thanks for the cookie... as I was in Detroit this afternoon and as promised, I will tell you what I saw.

I did see a huge crowd around the Mustangs, I did see a huge crowd around the new Viper (looks better than I thought it would) I saw NO crowd around the Charger in the 4-5 hours that I was there.

I checked out all the features of the car to give it a fair shake and also to see if I could get into buying one of these. It looks like a re-worked Chevy Impala to me. I liked the large rear door entry for ease to get in.

Seems to me DC is relying too much on the grill design. Its on the dakota, Full size truck, magnum and now the charger. It looks great on the truck, but not so sure on the Charger. I must say that I like it better than the 300, but not by much.

As was commented by a friend, take the Charger name plate off the car, look at it, and try to figure out what car is supposed to look like. Nothing that Chrysler built for sure. I kept that thought in mind all afternoon as I looked at other Mfr's cars. Lots of cars there by several Mfr's that I could have easily called a Charger.

So, for me, nothing exciting about the car. I will not be buying one. That's only my opinion and yes, you are certainly entitled to yours.

Have a great day!

Xanth said:
EvilScamp said:

Get 'em

He's lucky i'm not a moderator,i would have shown him the door!
All he's trying to do is start trouble!

Ok...well as for me, I'm reserving judgement until I see one in person. IRS, V8 340HP...got a good start. 4 dr, 2dr...who cares? Is it FAST? The 2 dr market is dying...fewer people are buying coupes because more people have familys and need a family hot rod. The 300C is proving this...DC can't build enough of them.

As for style, like I said...reserving judgement...I HATED the Gen III Ram when I first saw it on the web " WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?" I asked myself..."THAT THING IS FREAKING AWFUL"....

BUT....my opinion TOTALLY changed the first time I saw on e at the dealer....Now I drive one and wouldn't even THINK of getting rid of it (unless I could step to an SRT-10) :D

NOT TO MENTION - Motor trend is raving about the "aggressive" styling. So they must know something we don't...I'll agree, I think Dodge needs to get over the Crosshair grill fetish and put some variety in thier noses, but that's easy enough to redesign (although they shouldn't have to in the first place).

My big coplaint is with the Dak...ewwwwww

HEY!!!!! I just figured out what it looks like!!!

Do I get a cookie?????

Take the crosshair out of the grill, and you've got a 1957 Lancer.

SWEET!!

Set of tail fins with dual (non functional) antennas and your all set.

-
Back