one box or two

-

440nika

Reaction score
hey guys, I'm putting a 440 into my 70' Dart. I purchased a electronic ignition set up for it which came with a distributer, wiring harness, electronic box and a balast. My question is do I still have to connect the original electronic voltage regulator and balast up in the drivers corner of the firewall that was original equipment on the car or do I due away with them with the new system? The alternator requires an external voltage regulator so I'm not sure if the new electronic ignition system covers everything I need. Thanks!!!!!

YOU NEED THE VOLTAGE regulator.

hey guys, I'm putting a 440 into my 70' Dart. I purchased a electronic ignition set up for it which came with a distributer, wiring harness, electronic box and a balast. My question is do I still have to connect the original electronic voltage regulator and balast up in the drivers corner of the firewall that was original equipment on the car or do I due away with them with the new system? The alternator requires an external voltage regulator so I'm not sure if the new electronic ignition system covers everything I need. Thanks!!!!!

Thanks, do I still need to use the balast thats beside the voltage regulator on the drivers firewll? there is a balast on the wiper motor also. thanks again all the help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

replace the resistor near the voltage regulator with the one in the kit. the wiper reistor is how it gets multiple speeds, it needs to stay

Thanks, do I still need to use the balast thats beside the voltage regulator on the drivers firewll? there is a balast on the wiper motor also. thanks again all the help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the help. I'm new at mopar's but guys like you will educate me fast. Thanks again Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

replace the resistor near the voltage regulator with the one in the kit. the wiper reistor is how it gets multiple speeds, it needs to stay

So that's what that resistor does. I figured being in the proximity of the wiper motor, it had to be part of it's function. I assumed the dashboard switch (working as a pot) did the speeds.

-
Back