One more 416 What will it do ?????/

-

SBDart

Reaction score
Ok i have read alot on what everyone thinks it will runs.
heres the run down on my set up... the car is a 71 Dodge Dart'
70 340 block
bored is 4.0705"
deck 9.588"
Abore 2.6935" +.0005" over factroy
Aline bore
burnish lifter bores
hone w/ plate
Scat I beam rods
Scat 9000 340 4" crank
WINDAGE TRAY
blanance rotating assembly
PRW 1.5 stainless steel rockers
KB 25cc dish pistons
Indy x/RHS heads 1.92 /1.625 valves
lunati voodoo cam 405 284 292
Super Victor intake
Bigs Stage 5 750 4150 DB Carb prim jet 75 / Sec Prim 82
shooters .035/ .035
Super comp hooker header
Trans is a 904
leaning very heavly on a john cope 904-4 Pro Street Reverse Manual Shift
and a PTC 9.5 inch Torque Converter' 3 to 4000 stall
Dana 60 4.30 gears.
255x60Rx15 M/T's
Frame has been tided.
on Super Stock Springs. the pics at the bottom is the car and engine.
So what do you think it will run????

I'll bite
11.50's

Faster with a spool not sure what you have

First time [email protected] w/moderate hook.

May be a little optimistic...27" tire, 4.30's @ 116.0 will put you over 6000 in the traps and i'm not sure that combo will like much more then that. You may also have a little too much intake. That thing looks to me like it's built to be a real torque monster.

12:20 at 111 low air pressure wont hook till you get it all set right dialed and practice whole shot want to see a 10:60 when your all good what was compression
we on corn squeezings or race fuel here motor sound similar to what i"m doing but i have 2.05and 165 heads 391 8 3/4with 2 small of tires and a 727 with a 3200 stall in a 65 barracuda with 9 to1 to run on street cruzes also so sho me some AWSOME TIMES AND #"s make me feel i"M headed in right direction but i couldnt hook before so lotta work to do there no room for tires yet GL let some air pressure out and hang on ___________________________________/O/---O VROOOOOOOOMMMMM

With the tire height and stroker, it may be better suited to a 3.73-3.91 gear.

Oldmanrick has the MPH pretty close IMO. It's likely going to be strung out 1000'. With less gear it should hit 120 or pretty close if it's making 500hp. I believe when we took Brian RHS stroker to the track, he said he hit 6500 or so in lower gears and it didn't feel like it laid over. That engine had a XE295HL, 250ish at .050 and more lift than the voodoo.

ET will depend on 60'.

Low 12's..Not enough Tire for it.... My turbo car would run High 11's but I used a bit of the lag to get the car out of the hole..

Faster than the Blue one.... :O)

Oh your good Bob... Let hope its faster then my old dart. if not there is something wrong, Mike an i will have a talk..... LOL

Oldmanrick

First time [email protected] w/moderate hook. .....Thats what i was thinking.

boosted
Low 12's..Not enough Tire for it........ My old 71 dart run 12.03. that with way less motor it was only a 371 w/ a D 60 an 4.56 gears. w/ M/T 30x9's it was ripping my head off. But that was my old dart. Not the new one....

vtmopar
11.50's.... I can only hope so. I am running a poss in it.

crackedback
With the tire height and stroker, it may be better suited to a 3.73-3.91 gear.............Well i am open for that . But lunati say with that cam i should run a 4.10 or better. I will put some thinking behind that . my old 71 dart had a best of 1.62 60ft. and like i said before it had alot less motor in it then this one. HP from what i am told from mike at MRL it should be 480 . ??????

But hey thanks for all your input . it has gaven me some food for thought.
here is a small vid of the old dart.

[ame]http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/rules371/?action=view&current=Video13.mp4[/ame]

boosted
Low 12's..Not enough Tire for it........ My old 71 dart run 12.03. that with way less motor it was only a 371 w/ a D 60 an 4.56 gears. w/ M/T 30x9's it was ripping my head off. But that was my old dart. Not the new one....

Less HP in the old setup and better tires.. Would hook... I just do not see it playing to well with the 255 and SS springs and more HP... Maybe with CalTracs so you can control the hit a little better... I am not saying the car doesn't have the HP to run 11's just not the tire/suspension.

Lunati probably based gear recs on a stock stroke 340-360 engine. 340-360 will generally pull more rpm than a 4" arm stroker with the same cam/parts, thus the higher numeric ratio.

I know guys using 4" strokers running high tens/low 11's with same cam, 275/60, ss springs and 3.91 gears. Mid to high 1.4x 60's.

Go have fun with it and make adjustments as you go.

Low 12's..Not enough Tire for it.... My turbo car would run High 11's but I used a bit of the lag to get the car out of the hole..

255's should get you into high 11's with MT street slick IMO. My car had 235/50/15 MT ET's when I got it and the PO took it to the track only one time and made 3 runs with it. The first 2 runs blew the tires up and so he did not run them out and and got an "OK" run on the 3rd try with a lot of tire spin. Ended up running 11.98 at 120 something with 3.70 gear. This was only running the primaries on the carb. The secondaries were not hooked up. I think you'll be mid-high 11's with those tires.

clinteg..... ( I think you'll be mid-high 11's with those tires. )

thats what a buddy of mine said mid - high 11 . i told him he was full of you know what..LOL i told him if i can get 11.70 or 80's out it i would be very happy. anything over that i am a very happy old man..
he runs an I/CM car in IHRA. so i hope he knows what he is talking about.
But he is an old Hillbilly for the hills of Indiana..

Hey Thanks to all for you input. :D:D:D:D:D:D

crackedback....(I know guys using 4" strokers running high tens/low 11's with same cam, 275/60, ss springs and 3.91 gears. Mid to high 1.4x 60's.)

That gave's me somethink to think about on the gears. thanks. and that would make it very streetable.

boosted.....Its all good .. time will tell.

it is really just going to be a street ride and a time or two at the track letting my son driving it . he young an got better RT then i do.

Full Street trim? And you did'nt over port the head's. Just clean and match?
I'll Go in With 11.70 - 11.90's and drive it most of the day... :)

-
Back