One more sway bar end link question-How much torque?

-

65Valiant310

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how tight the endlinks are supposed to be for the front sway bar?
Should the bushings be lightly squished or should they be able to swivel a little?
thanks

Tighten them just a little so they have a small bulge...not too tight, but not too loose either...gosh that dont help does it?

Mine were tight but the bushings could swivel if i turn them with my fingers
Im getting an odd noise from the driver side suspension (like a soft knock) and all other bushings look fine in that area

they should have locknuts on them and you should not have to torque them

i dont know if he wanted a torque "value"... mopardude pointed him in the right direction. if usually tighten them till the bushings start to bulge from the pressure.

sometimes if you lose washers or it is built just a little wrong the nut will tighten down on the end of the threads and not actualy make it all tight. so make sure the rubber bulges out like they said. they can turn thats not really an issue as long as they bulge a little

Bushing diameter should end up just slightly larger than washer. You want to take out the slack, but not tighten them so much they split prematurely.

Hello from Afghanistan, I drive a big gray airplane.

I have a 65 Dart GT, currently sans front sheetmetal. Too broke and too TDY to get much done.

-
Back