One of the reasons

-

HotLines

Realist - Free Thinker
Reaction score
I just want to say that one of the reasons my Signet looks as it does is because I am a Hot Rodder and not a purist of any kind. I love drag racing as much as the next guy, I love design, technology and the fact that I need no ones permission to change what it is that I want to change whether it be an engine or my own look which I am changing today by removing my foot long beard so I will not be profiled by authorities and looked down upon by others and I love that I can get this done in this country as well without asking permission. I live rurally where most all vehicles are appreciated whether foreign or domestic and when I go to car meets, not one person drives what I drive, so it's easy to find my car and other persons who have Chevys or Fords still appreciate what I drive and I've done. Yet when I come to this site, I find many purists who believe nothing should be modified so to speak unless you're using genuine Chrysler parts which to me ends one's journey into the realization of what modified and hot rodded vehicles are all about. To restore one's early A body back to stock original condition means no stereo as they hadn't had stereo in 64,65 and 66, not even CD's, but that is just the beginning. I like most all vehicles and I love modifications as long as they work. I am not a follower in any way shape or form as the HEI in my vehicles are all one piece coil in cap and work beautifully. The Signet's transmission is from a 62 BB which most here weren't even a sparkle in their mother's eye in 62, yet tell me that's impossible to run a BB trans against a small block without doing any investigation on their own as to why it may fit. I cannot tell you how much it bothers me to see persons suppress their own talent and their own knowledge just to fit in a group which is dying off, hell, if I wanted a stock original vehicle which was worth its weight in gold, I'd be sitting in a 32 Hispano Suiza which were build for kings.

The young guns as some call them are being brought to their knees with what it costs to shame them into believing all the BS in regards to building our outdated vehicles with outdated drive trains as if this is the only way to go because so and so says so while Ma Mopar deserted us to marry and divorce her German husband and just married an Italian and the cost to us believers has skyrocketed. I'll bet you that there are more young guns who just want to be accepted here when they do something they feel is good rather than spend their entire life trying to fit in with a few deadbeat know it all's. Sure there are those who know more than the next guy in regards to these engines, these engines are older than they are and are being replaced with new technology that will surpass what we have today in every way.

If I didn't have a life to live, I'd have a lot more to say...

You know my take on things hotlines. Getting through to a select few of &$@" heads is usually a futal effort but I hear ya.

Just trolling again... look at his last thread.

ramenth, I read everyone's posts and cannot understand why it's hard to keep a 50 year old engine running as if it's something new.

My last thread was asking about wheels and tires, was that too hard for you to answer :eek:ops:

I personally don't care whether or not I am accepted here and I am a young gun. I'm used to life as an outcast.

I applaud you
It's called independant thought, something alot of teenagers have trouble with.

As well as the grasping the concept that the world doesn't care about your feelings getting hurt.

I don't like my peers. Half of them are just a bunch of drama raising, tweeting lumps of superior human intellect.

I personally don't care whether or not I am accepted here and I am a young gun. I'm used to life as an outcast.

Im with you and hotlines. Walk your own path and be your own person. SCREW the rest...

It's called independant thought, something alot of teenagers have trouble with.

As well as the grasping the concept that the world doesn't care about your feelings getting hurt.

I don't like my peers. Half of them are just a bunch of drama raising, tweeting lumps of superior human intellect.

Didn't you mean "inferior", Matt? Otherwise, right on! I'm a teenager trapped in a much older body.
Just re-reading "1984", Brave New World", "Fahrenheit 451", and a bunch of Ron Paul.
Hoping "the authorities" haven't tapped into online booksellers mail lists.

BC

" haven't tapped into online booksellers mail lists."
They have, for sure. Everything you do leaves tracks on the internet or computers and servers somewhere. Whether anyone cares is a different story.

Hotlines, what's your "beef"? I generally understand that you are more focused on function than appearance of originality and authenticity of parts..? Is that your statement?

Heck, when I was a kid, all mopars immediatley got a working junkyard 10si gm alternator, a set of copper core wires, alt + ran to batt+.

I tend to be a bit of a purist when it comes to quality of workmanship / prep or factory appearance to a certain point. On the other hand, I do think function and modernization are very important in building a quality, long lasting, good performing mopar.

What are some examples of what you do rather than what a purist would or do? Lay some stuff on us!

I like pinstripping, but I have no idea what you're crowing about. There's a ton of "out of the box" a-bodies here, I get inspiration from some of those builders every day.

Didn't you mean "inferior", Matt? Otherwise, right on! I'm a teenager trapped in a much older body.
Just re-reading "1984", Brave New World", "Fahrenheit 451", and a bunch of Ron Paul.
Hoping "the authorities" haven't tapped into online booksellers mail lists.

BC
Talk to any of them and they'll think it is superior intellect. And btw, 1984 was one of my favorite all time books.

I like pinstripping, but I have no idea what you're crowing about. There's a ton of "out of the box" a-bodies here, I get inspiration from some of those builders every day.
Yeah that was something I was thinking earlier. Look at johnparts build, or the blue missle.

Quit yer bitchin and post some pics and
lets see what yer workin with.

Lets see some real life "I made this happen".

super traps huh? yours is the first car i have ever seen with them! how do they sound?

Bout time.
Damn Fine Ride!!! :headbang:

***** all you want!
Ya earned it!

I'd like to know more about it when your willin.

super traps huh? yours is the first car i have ever seen with them! how do they sound?

The sound awesome no matter what cam it's running. They rap when down shifting and the sound as well as the power range is somewhat adjustable. Been there since the 90's. On the freeways, passing other cars scares the **** out of' em..

-
Back