One of those things that make you go Hmmmm

-

zigs

Reaction score
As some of you know I've been trying to sell my 354 Hemi. Yesterday I posted it on Racing Junk but I added, I would consider trades 451 or 470 stroker . I get a call today, a guy saw my add . He said he had a 511 that He would trade, Indy heads the works, 900HP runs low 10's . He said He had about $30,000 in it . Joke right ? but the guy was on the up and up
we talked for quite a while . He was tired of racing and wanted to go a different way. Get into street rods. You can imagine the rush going through my head . 900 HP in my Dart
I'm not a racer but I could really scare the hell out of the little Chevy shoe box next to me at the light. Anyway my mind cleared when I saw me and my Dart up side down on the side of the road. Ok I know its not practical for the street but I can't let it go with out some serious input and thought. So any thoughts you have . Please don't say trade , then sell it
I'm having a hard enough time selling the Hemi.
Thx
Zigs

trade him, smaller cam, detune a bit and have some fun.

If it ain't a pump gas motor you'll be changing pistons, re-balancing it, to make it work, plus changes to the valve train. i'd also do a leak down on it to get an idea how healthy it is. Plan on spending some money de-tuning it.

If it ain't a pump gas motor you'll be changing pistons, re-balancing it, to make it work, plus changes to the valve train. i'd also do a leak down on it to get an idea how healthy it is. Plan on spending some money de-tuning it.

Those were my thoughts. This would be a great engine for someone that likes to race. He said its made a few passes , had it in a RR . He said it still pulls strong . A lot of engine for $7500

900hp and only in the 10's ?????

Maybe He didn't want to go into the 9's isn't there an addition to safety equipment when you go under 10 ? I don't know I didn't question it , not that big a deal to me. I was trying to sell my Hemi.

Lower then 10.50 it needs a cage. This guy must really baby that car or it's not 900 hp. To the question at hand though, I would do the trade then go over the motor and if it's going to be a huge pain to tame then sell it for a nice pretty penny. Then put that pretty penny toward a 600
Hp motor for the street :)

-
Back